DeeCee

Coronavirus Movie Theatre Reopening Thread | Release Date Changes/Production News | Theaters are dead. Long live streaming!

24 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

25% or 100 people, whichever is smaller (for the massive, 500+ seat auditoriums). 

I think WB are in a pretty bad spot right now. The signs are encouraging for enough screens to be open for Tenet, but they're not encouraging in relation to people actually showing up. And they can't keep dragging their heels, because time to market Tenet is running out. I really want to see it soon in cinemas, but I'd push it if I were them. 

At this point they don't give a shit about the audience. It's all about the industrial complex for them, and they think the marketing and the big NATO/CAA campaign with the stars and celebs etc will turn enough people around 

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm not going anywhere near a theater till there is one. Literally don't care if I miss every single movie this year and into next year.

Gotcha, but just for the record I was "speaking" to the person who wrote the tweet. 

Edited by JB33
2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Obviously everyone has different comfort levels and there's nothing wrong with that. I will see Tenet and Mulan next month, but am fully prepared for a theatrical experience different from usual.

For sure, everyone has different comfort levels (just like people did even before this happened). Thing is, I feel bad for people who don't realize what was in the air the whole time they were congregating in theatres before COVID-19. But it's a new scary virus that's in the news every day so people see it differently. That's fine, y'all can board yourselves up until a vaccine comes. Makes social distancing that much easier for the rest of us!

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Obviously everyone has different comfort levels and there's nothing wrong with that. I will see Tenet and Mulan next month, but am fully prepared for a theatrical experience different from usual.

I'll see them if my theaters EVER GET TO OPEN!:)  

Actually, I'll probably just see Tenet, b/c my kids are holding out for Spongebob, and I already have Disney Plus, so I can probably wait on Mulan (unless they offer me a ticket deal) and keep my "once a month" movie habit...it's expensive to replace a car and an HVAC in back-to-back months...

• Like 2

I wouldn't go for Mulan if that were the re-opening movie (which is doubtful - if Tenet moves, can't see Disney keeping Mulan).

Not that I wouldn't see it otherwise, but I just want my first movie back after such a long time to be something special, lol.

Think of how much the conversation changed since May 9th. By July 17th, everything will go to go. People will come pouring in, flooding the theaters like a tsunami.

If there's any doubt, WB just need to announce a theaters-only teaser for THE BATMAN and people will flock. 😎 :bravo:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

If there's any doubt, WB just need to announce a theaters-only teaser for THE BATMAN and people will flock. 😎 :bravo:

Have they even shot enough footage to do that, lol

31 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Think of how much the conversation changed since May 9th. By July 17th, everything will go to go. People will come pouring in, flooding the theaters like a tsunami.

I doubt Tenet will open on the 17th still, as Covid cases are going up.

The new standard removes the death rate requirement and replaces it with a more generous threshold based on rates of newly confirmed cases.

ChristopherNolanCBE1912.jpg?w968

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Nonetheless, according to one exhibition exec consultant, “The significance of the California opening date and guidelines is that it gives confidence that within a couple of weeks we will likely be allowed 50% and lets Warner Bros. proceed with marketing Tenet.

4 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

But movie theaters also need time to prep — i.e., restock concessions and bulk up on safety supplies like face masks, seat covers, anti-bacterial lotions and wipes.

rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif rkLCz6B.gif

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

For a second I thought this was a re-release of that indie gay romcom from Greg Berlanti starring a bunch of then-unknowns from 20 years ago. Turns out it's a romcom starring Billy Hargrove and the girl from Blockers/Bad Education produced by Selena Gomez. She and Russell Crowe: the real saviors of cinema (sorry, Nolan and Disney).