DeeCee

Coronavirus Movie Theatre Reopening Thread | Release Date Changes/Production News | Theaters are dead. Long live streaming!

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, will The Purge take back its July 10 spot after it gave it up 3 weeks ago?  Or maybe take July 1?

With everything happening in this country right now, there's no way a movie like that is being released anytime soon. In all likelihood it comes out next July.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, TMP said:

Have they even shot enough footage to do that, lol

A.They ain't got enough footage for a good  trailer.

B.The whole idea that people will go see a movie they otherwise would not have paid ten bucks to see just becuase of a trailer is ridiculous. Yeah there are a few fanboys who will do this but underline the word few:not enough to make a real difference.

The whole idea "A Batman trailer could make a movie a hit" is fan stupidity at ti's worst.

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

With everything happening in this country right now, there's no way a movie like that is being released anytime soon. In all likelihood it comes out next July.

Real problem is studios will not release a major film until they can open wide ;they don't want to spend millions on marketing when only a few markets can benefit.

No major film in June, maybe in July.

And you can bet studios are worried about a resurgence of the virus in the fall and going back to lockdown. Even it is a more limited lockdown then  the one wejust went through, Movie Theaters will be just about the first thing  they close. Social Distancing there is much more difficult then it is in,say, restaurants.

If people don't seem all that excited to show back up to the theaters during the first couple weeks it might be better for these big blockbusters to push back the release date again. Perhaps better to do that then having all these movies that they spent so much on bomb. Mulan would probably be in real risk of bombing as that would be a movie a lot of parents would bring their kids to. Well I don't think you will be finding too many parents all that excited to take their kids to the theaters over the next couple months. Hearing things like theaters have seen as many people in two weeks that they saw in a single day before covid doesn't make it sound like people are going to be nearly as quick to  go back as some people thought on here.

Edited by RockyMountain
6 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Hardly shocking. They need time to put all the measures in place and they need product to exhibit. 

Yeah, they don't want to run up overhead with nothing to really draw customers in.

44 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

AMC is still banning Universal movies. It's staying on PVOD

I thought that was all talk, lmfao if Trolls 2 really wound up screwing Universal

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

If people don't seem all that excited to show back up to the theaters during the first couple weeks it might be better for these big blockbusters to push back the release date again. Perhaps better to do that then having all these movies that they spent so much on bomb. Mulan would probably be in real risk of bombing as that would be a movie a lot of parents would bring their kids to. Well I don't think you will be finding too many parents all that excited to take their kids to the theaters over the next couple months.

Family movies should just clear out of 2020. Taking a family to the movies was already hard prior to the pandemic, now imagine spending upwards of 50$ on tickets, having to sit apart and not wanting to buy concessions, dealing with masks on screaming kids and all the extra security measures. Its just too much of a headache.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Family movies should just clear out of 2020. Taking a family to the movies was already hard prior to the pandemic, now imagine spending upwards of 50$ on tickets, having to sit apart and not wanting to buy concessions, dealing with masks on screaming kids and all the extra security measures. Its just too much of a headache.

Yep. Think if we hear the same things over the next few weeks that we heard from that Atlanta theater that opened a couple weeks ago it may be sometime before anybody sees Mulan.

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Are theaters going to have families split apart? I assume it would be  you're only distancing from non-family members, and you're staying next to your kids or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Are theaters going to have families split apart? I assume it would be  you're only distancing from non-family members, and you're staying next to your kids or whatever.

Even if they do sit together you aren't going to find too many parents wanting to take their kids into the theater. As grim mentioned taking your kids to the theater is often a headache anyways. Now with everything going on (plus worrying about your kids safety) would be better to just wait for streaming if it does get released over the next several months.

2 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

Even if they do sit together you aren't going to find too many parents wanting to take their kids into the theater. As grim mentioned taking your kids to the theater is often a headache anyways. Now with everything going on (plus worrying about your kids safety) would be better to just wait for streaming if it does get released over the next several months.

I'm well aware of that. I'm advocating for theatrical/VOD day-and-date releases for all movies, especially kids movies because of all this. I just think Grim mentioning splitting parents and kids apart doesn't seem believable to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Eric Atreides said:

I'm well aware of that. I'm advocating for theatrical/VOD day-and-date releases for all movies, especially kids movies because of all this. I just think Grim mentioning splitting parents and kids apart doesn't seem believable to me.

It wouldn't be logical anyway. Parents and kids are together at home.

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

having to sit apart

Why would people living together sit appart in a movie theater ?

For Live show you can sit together:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/arts/music/germany-music-coronavirus.html

If you have no assigned ticket people living together will simply sit together, if you have a assigned ticket, ticket on the same facture will be asigned together.....

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Why would people living together sit appart in a movie theater ?

For Live show you can sit together:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/arts/music/germany-music-coronavirus.html

If you have no assigned ticket people living together will simply sit together, if you have a assigned ticket, ticket on the same facture will be asigned together.....

They are taping off seats to enforce social distancing norms. Some theaters are also planning on removing seats altogether.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They are taping off seats to enforce social distancing norms. Some theaters are also planning on removing seats altogether.

That make sense, family of 4 or less should not have issues too looking at how it tend to be made (and for 5 or more, making 2 groups of the kids togethers-parent together is probably not that big of a deal):

24virus-fall-3-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90

Seat will be removed/taped with a being able to seat together type of strategy.

• Disbelief 1
18 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Los Angeles County and a few other counties have been put on a Covid-19 watch list and things might roll back to stay-at-home orders and businesses being closed down again. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/los-angeles-put-coronavirus-watch-031642671.html

Wouldn't be surprising if it starts to pick up again considering how many people have been out in the streets the past couple weeks

• Like 1