grim22

BOT Contest - Corona Edition: Win 3 Gold Accounts. Deadline for entry May 1

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

August 14th-16th

The New Mutants

40m

xewSBdE.jpg

Thought this would have gotten a little more reaction.

Maybe I should have made it 60m OW for New Mutants to make the joke more obvious. :ph34r:

Spoiler

Or 25m, for that matter. :lol: 

Can wide release be defined? Are we talking any random movie being dumped and opening on 1000+ screens or are talking about anticipated movies like WW84 or even AQP2? Please clarify.

With that said, I don't think enough theaters will open this year or stay open for that matter.

14 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Can wide release be defined? Are we talking any random movie being dumped and opening on 1000+ screens or are talking about anticipated movies like WW84 or even AQP2? Please clarify.

With that said, I don't think enough theaters will open this year or stay open for that matter.

3000+ theaters

• Like 4

On 4/18/2020 at 7:47 PM, CloneWars said:

Okay, I don't think any movie will open in 3000+ theaters this year. So, that's my 2020 prediction, and I feel there are too many variables at play to even contemplate predicting 2021.

So, will I win anything???

11 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Any update on this contest? 

It would be a moot contest - I think the highest theater count only got to 2930 on Sept 18-20 for Tenet which is below the 3000+ requirement...and that wasn't even its OW, so no movie came close to the "wide opening" requirement in its OW...and with states closing theaters in places again, nothing will get there til 2021...

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It would be a moot contest - I think the highest theater count only got to 2930 on Sept 18-20 for Tenet which is below the 3000+ requirement...and that wasn't even its OW, so no movie came close to the "wide opening" requirement in its OW...and with states closing theaters in places again, nothing will get there til 2021...

I'm of 2 minds, whether to close this on technicality or wait till May. Will decide soon.