DeeCee

Coronavirus and Sport Thread | MLB - 60 GAME SEASON STARTING 23 JULY

How has the Coronavirus impacted your favourite sport? When will sport start again? Is there any sporting events still operating?

Horse racing, harness racing and greyhounds have continued in Australia. 

Looks like there’s sport still be played in Belarus, China, Taiwan and Tajikistan. 

Posted (edited)

The PGA is scheduled to come back in mid-June, sans crowds:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/sports/golf/coronavirus-pga-tour-return.html

Yay?

edited:

The LPGA is currently scheduled to come back around the same time as well:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/lpga-announces-additional-schedule-changes-set-resume-play-june

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Golf is probably about the easiest sport to resume although international movement would be tough. 

41 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Golf is probably about the easiest sport to resume although international movement would be tough. 

As for continued restrictions on travel, Pazder said that at least 25 players and 35 caddies live outside the United States and that the tour was monitoring if and when those prohibitions might be lifted.

Price said that if existing 14-day quarantines of visitors arriving in Texas from some countries remained in effect in two months, some players might have to arrive well before the tournament’s start. She also wondered how many hotels would be needed to lodge players, so that the city could prepare to “get those reopened and get appropriate guidelines in place.”

As I read the actual article, many "i"'s remain to be dotted and at least a couple of "t"'s to be crossed.

Including the ever present gremlin concerning increased testing. qnqGT0e.png

Still, on the whole, I do agree that of the major-ish sports, that probably has some of the fewest hurdles.

The NRL (rugby league) is targeting a May 28 restart. They got 2 rounds in before the shutdown (the first with crowds and the second without crowds).  It will restart with no crowds with all teams based and playing in NSW. That means the the 3 Queensland, 1 Victorian and 1 New Zealand team relocating to NSW for the restart. 

• Like 1

Thought they still haven't announced a date yet, there is talks for AFL returning soonish (nothing in the next month as a minimum at a guess but i'd say around the same time as the planned restart of the NRL.)

Talking about playing it out of 2 or 3 hubs (all teams would be assigned to a hub and play from there to avoid interstate travel. - the article menations, QLD, WA and SA as hubs but if Victoria get their cases under control then maybe possible there too.)

Expecting an announcement near the end of month on the restart date and form it will take.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/391637/victoria-a-quarantine-hub-option-mclachlan

13 hours ago, DeeCee said:

How has the Coronavirus impacted your favourite sport? When will sport start again? Is there any sporting events still operating?

Still going.

Actually considered an "essential service" nowadays :sparta:

• Like 1

ATP Tour restarts. 

Darts at Home. 

We may have seen the last of this moron. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@TwoMisfits @Plain Old Tele @4815162342 @Jayhawk the Hutt @Webslinger @MrPink @Cap

(and any other current active baseball fans I'm forgetting right this second)

Does not take long at all for baseball players to act like baseball players on the diamond, COVID-19 or no COVID-19. 😂 😂 😂 😂 

(according to the clip, benches clearning brawls are somewhat rare in the CPBL)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 5

Who needs MLB when you have the CPBL?

That kind of behaviour should be left where it belongs. Taiwan’s parliament. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Who needs MLB when you have the CPBL?

Still can't believe either ESPN or MLBN haven't grabbed rebroadcast rights by now. :sadno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Still can't believe either ESPN or MLBN haven't grabbed rebroadcast rights by now. :sadno:

I still can’t find the Tajikistan Football League on any channel. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeeCee said:

We may have seen the last of this moron. 

All the Fed and Nadal fans hoping the Djoker gets himself banned from play somehow...

I'm a huge NASCAR fan. I've been watching their virtual Sunday races on Fox. They are very realistic. The biggest difference is some drivers obviously have a lot more experience in the simulator than others do, so they have an edge.