DeeCee

Coronavirus and Sport Thread

On 12/23/2020 at 3:50 AM, Durant said:

Anyone here like tennis? The Australian Open is going full steam ahead - albeit 3 weeks late - and I couldn't be happier! Looks like the whole calendar will look pretty normal in fact. Any hint of normalcy is a welcome sight for me.

I love tennis - I'll be watching if they pull it off.  I gotta see Nadal have a chance to take Federer's record for good:)...

• Like 1
On 12/23/2020 at 2:50 AM, Durant said:

Anyone here like tennis? The Australian Open is going full steam ahead - albeit 3 weeks late - and I couldn't be happier! Looks like the whole calendar will look pretty normal in fact. Any hint of normalcy is a welcome sight for me.

I really enjoy tennis as well, although I kind of dropped off a bit the last couple of years. Think I got a little burned out on it always being the Sarina, Nadal, Federa and Djokavic show lol

It was nice to see some other women break through and win the majors 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

I really enjoy tennis as well, although I kind of dropped off a bit the last couple of years. Think I got a little burned out on it always being the Sarina, Nadal, Federa and Djokavic show lol

It was nice to see some other women break through and win the majors 

Yeah, my new favorite player (I admit I cheered Serena all the time) is Kenin b/c it seemed no announcer ever respected her chances in the 2020 tourneys, so she's like my own personal underdog (it's probably why I cheered for Nadal all this time - he also got no respect vs Fed and then vs Dojo for the longest time:)...

It also helps that Kenin looks like a damn double of my sis when she was Kenin's age...I keep wondering if my gene pool somehow made it to Russia:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
On 4/26/2021 at 3:43 PM, cannastop said:

I'm going to see an MLB game in June. I'll be going with my mom and we're both vaccinated.

Hope it's not cancelled. 😬

Then, you get a double header:)...oooooooohhhh, you weren't referring to a rainout!

Although double headers were the best back in the day.  They were the only tickets my dad would buy (he liked feeling he was getting 2 games for the price of 1).  We'd get ice cream after the 1st game ended and watch the home run hitting contest, and then we normally didn't make it all the way to the end of game 2, but sometimes we did:)...

• Like 2

So who's ready for the Euros? With that this year and world cup next year, the world actually has exciting sporting events to look forward to for once.

Then the 2 greatest current heavyweights go at it this year too for a unification fight. Should be a fun year