Eric Atreides

Lanterns | HBO Max/DC

8 hours ago, cax16 said:

Zaslav strikes again lol. Happy we’re still getting a show but sucks for all the people who were previously involved. 

The smaller budget was to be expected. Zaslev has made no secret he felt DC was overspending on some of it's TV shows.

I always thought that GL would work better as a theatrical movie. Yes, I hated the 2011 film as much as anybody, but still think well handled GL would b e a really good movie.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movie-tv-plan-james-gunn-peter-safran-batman-swamp-thing-green-lantern-1235244926/

Lanterns HBO Max live action series. “Our vision for this is True Detective,” Safran says, “It’s terrestrial-based, it’s got two of our favorite Green Lanterns –Hal Jordan and John Stewart…it plays a really big role in the main story that we’re telling across our film and Television. This is a very important show for us.” Safran specified that this version is different from one that Greg Berlanti had in the works; the latter’s being a space opera.

4 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Wait. What? I didn't see anything about that.

Blue Beetle and Green Lantern powers have connections in the comics. Also the latest Blue Beetle kinda foreshadows that and makes me think about how much bullshit is to compare Ms. Marvel’s powers to Green Lantern. What Blue Beetle is - the current Jaime’s take - is a lot more closer to that, and it plays with their in story mythology quite well.

• Like 1