Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

37 minutes ago, Eric from Progressive said:

Papa Nolan is Papa Nolan. That midas touch can do no wrong

I dunno, a friend of mine was in a Papa Nolan movie and all he really does now is attend college (he did say Nolan was the best director he’s worked with tho).

Styles wasn't good in Dunkirk, but his character didn't have much to do anyway. Hopefully the one-two punch of awful reviews for this and the policeman movie cripples any movie aspirations he has. There's something deeply irritating about musicians who try to make it in movies despite no particular acting talent.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Styles wasn't good in Dunkirk, but his character didn't have much to do anyway. Hopefully the one-two punch of awful reviews for this and the policeman movie cripples any movie aspirations he has. There's something deeply irritating about musicians who try to make it in movies despite no particular acting talent.

Brace yourself, Marvel has plans with him so he'll be around. He's currently trotted as a Bond candidate but that very likely won't happen cause everyone can see he's wrong.

styles really only has one thing to do in dunkirk. i think he got a little gassed up on the good reviews he got for that performance when he wouldn't stand out amongst all the other panicky twinks in the cast if he wasn't harry styles. turned down the little mermaid role to do these two movies and prove he's a serious actor but it didn't work out, he's just got a super limited range. he'll probably be fine in the marvel gig.

• Like 6

Well, after all the sordid BTS drama, I finally saw the movie, and ya know what? I thought it was pretty damn entertaining. Pugh is incandescent, Styles is fine (even his screaming didn't bother me @ThomasNicole 😂), and the production values are top notch. I can't see Pugh and Sound Design not being nominated for this come Oscar time.

The script's internal logic doesn't always hold up, and I would liked to have seen Pine's character more fleshed out (he's excellent in what little screen time he has), but overall, I was pleasantly surprised. 

3 sizzling slices of bacon out of 4.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

styles really only has one thing to do in dunkirk. i think he got a little gassed up on the good reviews he got for that performance when he wouldn't stand out amongst all the other panicky twinks in the cast if he wasn't harry styles. turned down the little mermaid role to do these two movies and prove he's a serious actor but it didn't work out, he's just got a super limited range. he'll probably be fine in the marvel gig.

Not doing Little Mermaid seemed more like a PR move considering the backlash to his potential casting (and then Disney consequently hired a black man)

On 9/23/2022 at 12:19 AM, Eric from Progressive said:

Papa Nolan is Papa Nolan. That midas touch can do no wrong

"Papa Nolan" has become a fetish with too much headroom.  😂

Having said that...I liked DUNKIRK far more than most Nolan movies.  

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"Papa Nolan" has become a fetish with too much headroom.  😂

Having said that...I liked DUNKIRK far more than most Nolan movies.  

Honestly I don't really care about Nolan. I just think calling him "Papa Nolan" is really funny. I do the same thing with "Papa Feige".

"As a crew, we've avoided addressing the absurd gossip surrounding the movie we're so proud of, but feel the need to correct the anonymous 'sources' quoted in a recent article," the statement begins. "Any allegations about unprofessional behavior on the set of Don't Worry Darling are completely false."

Calling Wilde "an incredible leader and director who was present with and involved in every aspect of production," the behind-the-scenes workers said the star "ran this set with class and respect for everyone involved."

They also stated, "There was never a screaming match between our director and
anyone, let alone a member of our cast," referencing Vulture's claims about an onset feud between Wilde and Pugh.

"We are happy to put our names on this, as real people who worked on the film, and who have witnessed and benefitted from the collaborative and safe space Olivia creates as a director and leader," the statement continued. "We're also thrilled that the movie is in theaters this weekend. We can't wait for you to see it on the big screen."

Well, that should put all the speculation to rest once and for all...

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:36 AM, Wormow said:

Not doing Little Mermaid seemed more like a PR move considering the backlash to his potential casting (and then Disney consequently hired a black man)

What are you talking about? This is Jonah Hauer-King who plays Prince Eric instead of Harry Styles.

jonah-hauer-king-6-2000-c3381a2164ee4009

Edited by Valonqar

On 9/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, Hatebox said:

I mean anyone was the right to dram they can make it like Lady Gaga. It becomes irritating when they keep coming back.

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Kinda annoyed that Harry's acting career is flopping. Wanted Chalamet's scrawny ass to sweat a bit. He's getting a bit too comfortable just winging it in his blockbuster fare like Dune.

I mean his only blockbusters are Dune (which he is great in and is arguably not his usual fare) and Wonka, which I have faith will be adorable. He is still doing excellent work in indies and dramas, and that's the majority of what he is still doing even after he found acclaim and success. That's a big risk, but he's still doing it.