Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

Seeing what's supposed to be 50s America and then hearing the British accents of Gemma and Harry....I want that to tie into the plot.

Otherwise, I can guess where this is going. Maybe I'll be proven wrong!

Edited by Morieris
TIE INTO!

On 9/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, tree said:

that's a downgrade and a half from shia labeouf :( 

I’d consider it an upgrade. Especially from the perspective of PR, safety on set, actor relationships, popularity, box office…. countess reasons tbh lol

This looks great, very Stepford Wives. The Midsommar esque reaction to someone potentially jumping from a height is a bit on the nose though. Stopped the trailer before the last minute as it was starting to show too much.

I’m in!

Read a script review sometime in 2020 and wasn't impressed with the story direction at all, but maybe it's changed since then.

But it is entirely possible that a couple of Brits might be living in a 1950s American suburb, especially some shiny and new place out West. I didn't notice that as anything unusual but maybe that's a clue.

Wonder how much time Harry spent in the makeup chair covering up his tattoos, or if they just got digitally erased later on.

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

The first draft is terrible. 

I’m on Page 2

Spoiler

EVELYN PETERSON makes love to her husband CLIFFORD at a fever pitch. Both 30. Ken and Barbie before there was Ken and Barbie. Him behind her on the bed. He’s getting close. She looks back at him.

EVELYN
I want on top of you.

It excites him even more. They switch. Her on top now. In control as she intended. He can’t hold out anymore. He climaxes. Inside. Both of them sweating and panting and out of breath.

CLIFFORD

Fuck me.

That was intense. She smiles.

EVELYN
I thought I just did.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’m on Page 2

Hide contents

EVELYN PETERSON makes love to her husband CLIFFORD at a fever pitch. Both 30. Ken and Barbie before there was Ken and Barbie. Him behind her on the bed. He’s getting close. She looks back at him.

EVELYN
I want on top of you.

It excites him even more. They switch. Her on top now. In control as she intended. He can’t hold out anymore. He climaxes. Inside. Both of them sweating and panting and out of breath.

CLIFFORD

Fuck me.

That was intense. She smiles.

EVELYN
I thought I just did.

beginning is the strongest part. wait for the reveal. zzzz

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

beginning is the strongest part. wait for the reveal. zzzz

I saw the trailer and I told my wife what I think the twist is. Now I’m just going through the script to see if I was right.

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Read a script review sometime in 2020 and wasn't impressed with the story direction at all, but maybe it's changed since then.

But it is entirely possible that a couple of Brits might be living in a 1950s American suburb, especially some shiny and new place out West. I didn't notice that as anything unusual but maybe that's a clue.

Wonder how much time Harry spent in the makeup chair covering up his tattoos, or if they just got digitally erased later on.

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

The first draft is terrible. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I saw the trailer and I told my wife what I think the twist is. Now I’m just going through the script to see if I was right.

I wouldn't worry about the script. The version online it's written by two men and it's available because it's one of the 2019 blacklist scripts, it was completely rewritten after that for the movie.

Olivia said her version is a major departure of what it's online, and it's probably true because the 2 original writers didn't get a credit here.

58 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I wouldn't worry about the script. The version online it's written by two men and it's available because it's one of the 2019 blacklist scripts, it was completely rewritten after that for the movie.

I know but contrary to Twitter belief, being rewritten by a woman won't automatically make it good. The whole thing has always felt misguided to me. The script was bad. There was nothing special about it conceptually that makes you go, let's take this amazing but poorly executed concept and rewrite it and make it work. It's Stepford Wives lite. 

7 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I know but contrary to Twitter belief, being rewritten by a woman won't automatically make it good. The whole thing has always felt misguided to me. The script was bad. There was nothing special about it conceptually that makes you go, let's take this amazing but poorly executed concept and rewrite it and make it work. It's Stepford Wives lite. 

The movie is clearly some allegory for women treatment, i´m sure being rewritten by a woman is a better option. Not necessarily make it good of course, but writer here also have writing credits in the fantastic Booksmart so it´s definitely a potential name.

And tbh any bad script can be rewritten into a good one, test screening for this actually was very well received so beyond personal feelings there´s nothing suggesting there´s a problem with this. I only made clear the online script is a scrapped one to avoid any possible confusion, since there was some talking about how bad it is.

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Olivia said her version is a major departure of what it's online, and it's probably true because the 2 original writers didn't get a credit here.

They're not just any two men, but Dick Van Dyke's grandsons who have penned screenplays for The Asylum mockbuster factory. No where to go but up, I guess...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Haha 1