Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I just find it baffling how all these supposed feminists on Twitter and TikTok always seem so eager to relentlessly attack women for any supposed discretion, while giving a pass to male celebrities with much sketchier histories. 

Internalized misogyny is a hell of a drug sadly.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

It costs 20M, it'll be hard for this to really flop 

70-80M worldwide would be fine

Impressive Wilde was able to make this so cheap since it has much more star power and what appears to be expensive set/costume designs than her previous movie. She must be really good at avoiding overspending, Booksmart also ended up being nicely profitable against its budget (which is sort of ironic given all the handwringing over its box office performance at the time).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

They had a choice of all the clips and picked this one?

The news of WB barely having money to release much else this year puts even more pressure on this to not flop massively.

DId anybody expect this kind of film to be a hit in today;s fllm market?

With it's small budget, WB will be happy if it turns a profit. It;'s more of a prestige film anyway.

Edited by dudalb

Reviews on September 5 after Venice screening 

I mean, despiste all the crazy rumours on social media BSL said it tested very well last year, and it's hard to believed Warner would allow this movie having reviews nearly 3 weeks before release if it's the disaster people keep saying it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean, despiste all the crazy rumours on social media BSL said it tested very well last year, and it's hard to believed Warner would allow this movie having reviews nearly 3 weeks before release if it's the disaster people keep saying it is. 

The major film festivals never have embargoes on them, regardless of quality. Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

To be fair, movies that premiere at fests can have bad reviews.. Suburbicon, Downsizing, Last Night at Soho, etc. Last Duel had terrible Venice reception last year

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The major film festivals never have embargoes on them, regardless of quality. Just something to keep in mind.

I know, but the studio is the one interested in doing a premiere there. 

This is not a small movie trying to find partners for distribution or win awards to get some hype, Warner is premiering there to boost the interest, otherwise it would be useless for a movie like this. 

I have a hard time seeing Warner sending there knowing reviews will be awful and kill it's potential on box office, so they must be expecting positive headlines.

21 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

To be fair, movies that premiere at fests can have bad reviews.. Suburbicon, Downsizing, Last Night at Soho, etc. Last Duel had terrible Venice reception last year

Soho and Duel ended up decent afterall. 

But yeah, it definitely happens. I just find weird people saying it's a complete disaster that will be panned, when the only reason for a movie like this going to Venice without need it or entering competition, is because they're expecting some decent reviews along the fancy premiere to bump the buzz around the movie prior the release. 

A studio normally knows when they have a panned movie in their hands and they usually embargoed them to avoid bad press. 

Maybe they're wrong, but let's see how this will turn out, i'm rooting for Olivia since i loved Booksmart and i found the type of misogynist hate she's facing online because of the relationship with Harry very unfair and out of proportion.