Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lmao so much drama over this movie.

Like...

What is her problem?

LaBeouf sent Variety screenshots of text messages he sent to Wilde in August 2020, where he told Wilde he’d have to back out of “Don’t Worry Darling.” He was cast as the lead actor Jack, which was later recast with Harry Styles.

According to the texts, LaBeouf and Wilde met in person in Los Angeles to discuss his exit from the film on Aug. 16, 2020. Later that night, Wilde texted him, “Thanks for letting me in on your thought process. I know that isn’t fun. Doesn’t feel good to say no to someone, and I respect your honesty. I’m honored you were willing to go there with me, for me to tell a story with you. I’m gutted because it could have been something special. I want to make clear how much it means to me that you trust me. That’s a gift I’ll take with me.”

LaBeouf claims he “officially” quit “Don’t Worry Darling” the next day on Aug. 17, 2020, according to the email he sent to Wilde on Thursday morning.

He included a video to Variety that Wilde allegedly sent him on Aug. 19, 2020

“I feel like I’m not ready to give up on this yet, and I too am heartbroken and I want to figure this out,” she says in the video. “You know, I think this might be a bit of a wake-up call for Miss Flo, and I want to know if you’re open to giving this a shot with me, with us. If she really commits, if she really puts her mind and heart into it at this point and if you guys can make peace — and I respect your point of view, I respect hers — but if you guys can do it, what do you think? Is there hope? Will you let me know?”

Edited by AJG

The script for this was very bad (IMO) but Chris Pine's character wasn't even a thing in the script I read so I assume they made huge changes. Also you know the rollout is going poorly for your movie when Shia LaBeouf somehow ends up looking like the good guy.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The script for this was very bad (IMO) but Chris Pine's character wasn't even a thing in the script I read so I assume they made huge changes. Also you know the rollout is going poorly for your movie when Shia LaBeouf somehow ends up looking like the good guy.

That script sucked. The only way is up for this movie.

• Like 1

Not sure why Wilde needed to apparently lie about the reason Shia LaBeouf wasn’t in the movie. Him dropping out of the film happened before the abuse allegations, so Wilde could’ve simply said that she never would’ve considered him for the film if she was aware of them at the time. 

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

RIP Olivia Wilde's directing career: 2019-2022

Begging a whole abuser to work on your movie even though they make your lead actress uncomfortable, calling your actress "Miss Flo" like she's being prissy, and then lying about it all to Vogue so you can sound like a superhero is a wild move.

• Like 5

Florence Pugh, Gemma Chan and Chris Pine are going to stroll quietly away from this just fine. They don't need this and they know it.

Wilde and Styles are, for very different reasons ironically, looking like they're going to struggle.

The irony is.....I'm not convinced it's going to flop. Certainly not at its budget. I think it'll still make money, possibly to the mild chagrin of those top three, especially Pugh.

Of course, massive success will salve all problems. But it's hard to see much universal critical acclaim when you expose a non-actor across from one of the best young actresses in the world in an all-out drama act-athon.

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also you know the rollout is going poorly for your movie when Shia LaBeouf somehow ends up looking like the good guy.

No one really raised any eyebrows when Shia exited the project, given his history, everyone figured he must have done something or been "difficult". Olivia kind of implied as much when it happened and definitely accused him of impropriety in this week's profile. Who knew he's been sitting back all this time with receipts? But since he quit, I guess that explains why he wasn't bothered by whoever ended up with the role.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The only person I feel bad for is Florence. Will they even make her do any promo for this following this awkward mess lol.

The speculation that Florence does not care for Olivia is looking more and more true by the day. Sure, the media likes to pit women against each other, but sometimes coworkers just don't always get along. This seems to be somewhat one-sided, at least.

49 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Some of the Styles fans are really unhinged in their hatred of anyone he dates, however, that doesn't necessarily the person a faultless angel, either. Olivia really went to Variety and told them her whole chest that Shia would cause an unsafe work environment on set so she had to fire him, meanwhile she was practically begging him to stay with the project. Like, she didn't remember that she sent texts to Shia and did video chats that tell a very different story than the one she provided the media? Is she one of those people who believes in the "emotional truth" of whatever they are saying at the moment?

I wonder what the mainstream entertainment media will say about Wilde now, their narrative has been that any and all criticism is misogynistic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Olivia really went to Variety and told them her whole chest that Shia would cause an unsafe work environment on set

I think that's true.

meanwhile she was practically begging him to stay with the project.

Maybe she is a person who wanted peace and not to upset anyone. Shia wasn't publicly accused by Twigs then, so he was just known as being somewhat difficult

Her mistake i believe is that she told Variety that she got Shia fired, when in fact he got ajead of her and quit first because he was butting heads with Florence and causing trouble

30 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The speculation that Florence does not care for Olivia is looking more and more true by the day. Sure, the media likes to pit women against each other, but sometimes coworkers just don't always get along. This seems to be somewhat one-sided, at least.

Some of the Styles fans are really unhinged in their hatred of anyone he dates, however, that doesn't necessarily the person a faultless angel, either. Olivia really went to Variety and told them her whole chest that Shia would cause an unsafe work environment on set so she had to fire him, meanwhile she was practically begging him to stay with the project. Like, she didn't remember that she sent texts to Shia and did video chats that tell a very different story than the one she provided the media? Is she one of those people who believes in the "emotional truth" of whatever they are saying at the moment?

I wonder what the mainstream entertainment media will say about Wilde now, their narrative has been that any and all criticism is misogynistic.

Oh I hate that this basically makes Harry Styles stans seem vindicated. 

Casting Harry is not worth the drama it brings to a movie imo. i doubt any of this would have come out if had not been cast. 

But yeah Olivia is so weird for this. I think she and and Florence definitely had some issues and Olivia has been trying to act super nice publicly with her constant praise of Florence, which was making Florence look a bit bad for being for basically not acknowledging her. But going as far as to say she fired Shia to protect Florence when that wasn't the case is so weird. 

FKA twigs hadn't come out with her abuse allegations at this point but his very turbulent history with Mia Goth was pretty well known. I remember a video of him threatening to hit her if she doesn't stop something and him saying "this is what makes people abusive" . Also his erratic behavior on sets was also pretty well known so a video seemingly siding with Shia over Florence is definitely not a good look.  

Also ugh with "Miss Flo" 

Edited by ban1o