Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

20 minutes ago, Maggie said:

BTw did Oliavia herself  say Shia was fired or was that Variety who said it?

“I say this as someone who is such an admirer of his work. His process was not conducive to the ethos that I demand in my productions. He has a process that, in some ways, seems to require a combative energy, and I don’t personally believe that is conducive to the best performances. I believe that creating a safe, trusting environment is the best way to get people to do their best work. Ultimately, my responsibility is to the production and to the cast to protect them. That was my job,” Wilde said." 

I guess she didn't DIRECTLY say she fired him but she definitely implied it. 

15 hours ago, Maggie said:

I think that's true.

Maybe she is a person who wanted peace and not to upset anyone. Shia wasn't publicly accused by Twigs then, so he was just known as being somewhat difficult

Her mistake i believe is that she told Variety that she got Shia fired, when in fact he got ajead of her and quit first because he was butting heads with Florence and causing trouble

The thing is, when a person lies/is misleading about one thing, who knows how much else they're lying about? Everyone figured Shia was fired, mostly because of his reputation (for years of being "difficult", not just his ex's accusations). Maybe Florence comes out tomorrow and says Shia creeped her out and she's glad he exited the project. Sadly, no one would be surprised.

OTOH, maybe it turns out that they clashed but not in "he was gross to her" way. Something to consider: would Shia really insert himself into the DWD narrative right now if it turns out he did actually behave sleazily to the beloved Florence Pugh, but he was a sleaze who quit vs. a sleaze who got fired? It's a distinction without a difference; neither is a good look for him.

Either way, Wilde looks really bad here: either Shia was a #MeToo situation waiting to happen with Florence and Olivia was willing to overlook it privately, while publicly making herself out to be the badass who stands up for women...or, Shia didn't do anything cancellable here and quit, but Wilde knew everyone would believe the worst about LaBeouf regardless, so why not throw him under the bus to make herself look good?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

1. Why did she make the video while she was driving?

2. The way she says "Miss Flo" is amazing lmao. Disaster all around!

Not only is Olivia Wilde is an adulterer she’s also an

• Abuser Apologist 
  • Alleged Deadbeat Mother
  • Reckless Driver 

At least that’s what’s being said on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

btw, i don't think shia acted "sleazy", just his usual bullshit "method" acting. no way would olivia be so upset about his leaving the project if he was indeed sleasy. At least, i hope so

Shia has been problematic with female co-stars in the past. Mia Wasikowska said he "terrified her" 

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/08/shia-labeouf-harassed-mia-wasikowska-during-filming-of-lawless 

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/02/lawless-director-john-hillcoat-working-with-shia-labeouf 

Edited by ban1o

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

Performance so bad the crew was left sobbing

Wilde recalled Pine backing away from co-star Styles to let the Grammy winner fully embody the moment.

man said "nope i'm not gonna be in the twitter memes. i've done enough scenes with Gal Gadot i know how this goes."

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Maggie said:

btw, i don't think shia acted "sleazy", just his usual bullshit "method" acting. no way would olivia be so upset about his leaving the project if he was indeed sleasy. At least, i hope so

Wilde did talk about Shia's "combative energy" and how her responsibility was "creating a safe, trusting environment" and protecting the production and the cast. The implication is of bad/troubling behavior of some sort on Shia's part while working on DWD, and Olivia had to part ways with him over it. Again, it would be unwise of Shia to be all, "I didn't get fired, I quit!" about Olivia's interview if the truth is that his behavior did cross a line or was inappropriate in some way. But then, maybe he lacks self-awareness about that and will just get buried even worse if it turns out Florence/other DWD cast members have stories about him as well.

Why are people convinced Harry is supposed to be doing an accent; couldn't his character be British? It's not like there weren't British people living in California in the 1950s. I think he just doesn't sound like a newsreader from London, he's from the Manchester area IRL and has probably spent a lot of time in America so his natural accent is now a bit of a mishmash. Still, there were probably other clips they could have picked, or maybe picked up the scene at a different point.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Wilde did talk about Shia's "combative energy" and how her responsibility was "creating a safe, trusting environment" and protecting the production and the cast. The implication is of bad/troubling behavior of some sort on Shia's part while working on DWD, and Olivia had to part ways with him over it. Again, it would be unwise of Shia to be all, "I didn't get fired, I quit!" about Olivia's interview if the truth is that his behavior did cross a line or was inappropriate in some way. But then, maybe he lacks self-awareness about that and will just get buried even worse if it turns out Florence/other DWD cast members have stories about him as well.

So you're saying Olivia made up that part too...about troubling behaviour of shia on set? something must have happened if he quit. I don't buy that flo didn't like him just like that out of thin air. the part about "combative energy" i believe is true and shia probably doesn't see a problem with his behavior

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'm usually the first to call everything a PR stunt, but not in this case. Olivia is looking baaaad

The danger of thinking about everything in terms of color and gender is people forget everything we have in common, and that to make it in Hollywood, no matter what gender or color or sexual orientation, you often have to be back-stabbing, fake and ruthless. 

This reminds me of when the ladies of Big Little Lies spent 2 years telling us about the power of women, then when their female director failed to deliver on S2, they unceremoniously KICKED her to the curb and put a man in her place. 

Edited by Flopped
  • ...wtf 1

I think what's most likely was Shia was his weird and asshole self during rehearsals in the name of "method acting" and Florence didn't like it/felt uncomfortable and avoided rehearsing with him. Since Florence was avoiding being around him and probably made it clear she didn't like him, Shia probably was like "Okay I quit" Olivia tried to make peace and begged him to stay and in the video threw Florence under the bus by painting her as a diva that was "uncommitted." Shia still said he was done and WB/Olivia just had to accept it and recast the role. 

Edited by ban1o

4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I think what's most likely was Shia was his weird and asshole self during rehearsals in the name of "method acting" and Florence didn't like it/felt uncomfortable and avoided rehearsing with him. since Florence was avoiding being around him, Shia probably was like "Okay I quit" Olivia tried to make peace and begged him to stay and in the video threw Florence under the bus by painting her as a diva that was "uncommitted." Shia still said he was done and WB/Olivia just had to accept it and recast the role. 

Maybe Olivia was right in the video and flo was "uncommited". i doubt olivia would defend shia in that video if he did something really bad. we don't know anything about flo...she came out of nowhere and the fact that she won't do PR for the film tells me she has a grudge with olivia long before today when shia came out with his receipts.  I'm just saying..

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Maybe Olivia was right in the video and flo was "uncommited". i doubt olivia would defend shia in that video if he did something really bad. we don't know anything about flo...she came out of nowhere and the fact that she won't do PR for the film tells me she has a grudge with olivia long before shia came out with his receipts.  I'm just saying..

Shia has a history of problematic erratic behavior with female co-stars and many abuse allegations (I linked Mia Wasikowska's experience with him in 2016) People make excuses for male actors being assholes due to "method acting" but it really isn't an excuse. Given Shia's history I'm willing to believe he was being an asshole

Edited by ban1o