Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

9 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Shia has a history of problematic erratic behavior with female co-stars and many abuse allegations (I linked Mia Wasikowska's experience with him in 2016) People make excuses for male actors being assholes due to "method acting" but it really isn't an excuse. Given Shia's history I'm willing to believe he was being an asshole

Yeah, history is not on his side. If it's true about shia being a problem (still why didn't olivia  say anything bad about shia in that video and she instead threw flo under the bus?), then he has lots of guts to come up with these receipts just to hurt Olivia, when she didn't even say she fired him in that Variety article. shia is a snake for this

Edited by Maggie

16 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This comes across as trying to jump on the bandwagon. Doesn't really give much info.

However it is so funny her reps keep using "Dune filming" as an excuse when Florence has barely done filming for Dune. She filmed for like 3 days and then was vacationing in Europe for few weeks. 

Edited by ban1o

33 minutes ago, ban1o said:

This comes across as trying to jump on the bandwagon. Doesn't really give much info.

However it is so funny her reps keep using "Dune filming" as an excuse when Florence has barely done filming for Dune. She filmed for like 3 days and then was vacationing in Europe for few weeks. 

She was too busy filming Dune to answer questions for that Olivia Wilde Variety profile, when Harry just participated via email. LOL, is all the sand messing with the internet access over there? At a certain point I had to admit the rumors of discord had to be true on some level, clichéd as it might be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

At least there will be one promo tour with Olivia and Miss Flo together. Hopefully we get treated to something as iconic as this:

Story Behind Infamous Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield Photo | Vanity Fair

These were STARS.  Nobody outside of film twitter really knows Florence and especially Olivia.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is a mess lol 

Yeah at this point even if the movie is good i think reviews will be affected by this whole controversy, maybe it can still get some money tho.

I don't think the video is that bad tbh, she was obviously trying to make things work and make the actors work in peace and respectfully. The problem is her savior complex on the press tour for no reason other than promote herself, it's really an awful look.

And i'm very pissed that Shia is actively trying to use this as his redemption arc to find his way back to industry.

9 hours ago, Flopped said:

These were STARS.  Nobody outside of film twitter really knows Florence and especially Olivia.  

I wouldn't exactly call Jayne Mansfield a "star" (can anybody name a movie she was in without looking it up?), but she definitely brought a lot of cleavage to the table.

9 hours ago, Flopped said:

This is an interesting parallel.

Yes, they were more STARS in the past in a way many film actresses and actors aren't now. But is that a bad thing? 

I mean for all their stardom Florence Pugh could act her way around either of these two with no problem.

Harry Styles has STAR power though. So does Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot. And mostly so do the Kardashians. 

I'd argue that siphoning off STARDOM to TMZ nonsense and the reality TV and Social media genres has generally improved the overall standard and range of acting in films as it's allowed actual actors to gain prominence in a way that didn't always happen - especially in women. Most top actors now are....actually very good - and especially versatile - which is more than can be said for the era you're evoking here where they were generally only good in narrow manners that films had to work around in order to get the best from (and which we now only see the best versions of, because all the rubbish the old movie stars were in has generally been lost to time and only the great movies remembered)

• ...wtf 2

9 hours ago, A Star is Delayed said:

I wouldn't exactly call Jayne Mansfield a "star" (can anybody name a movie she was in without looking it up?), but she definitely brought a lot of cleavage to the table.

Mansfield was absolutely a star. Her career was very short but she had a run of box office hits. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A Star is Delayed said:

I know nothing about her apart from that photo and the fact she’s Olivia from SVU’s mother.