google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Kalo

Ranking Star Wars countdown Submissions in! working on scoring. Countdown starts Sunday! (6.7.20)

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Only the good ones

1. The Last Jedi

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. A New Hope

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Force Awakens

7. Rogue One

Not 10. I find the love for TLJ here frightening all the other are good you have listed though. come back after Watching clone wars and Mandalorian 

Edited by Kalo

25 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

This should be fun. I’ve never done a cross media Star Wars ranking before. (Also you should reconsider your book stance but it’s cool if not)

The problem is once you open up into print media it gets extremely expansive

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 11:23 AM, Kalo said:

Not 10. I find the love for TLJ here frightening 

Okay then

1. The Last Jedi

2. Knights of the Old Republic 2

3. Star Wars Kinect

4. Knights of the Old Republic

5. Battlefront 2

6. Return of the Jedi
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. A New Hope

9. Rogue One

10. Empire Strikes Back

11. Jedi Knight 2 

12. The Ewok Special

13. The Holiday Special

14. Ewoks: The Battle of Endor

15. Jedi: Fallen Order

16. The Old Republic

17. TIE Fighter

18. Star Wars Chess

19. The Phantom Menace

20. Star Wars Pinball

21. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

22. Star Wars Battlefront (old one)

23. Attack of the Clones

24. X-Wing

25. LEGO Star Wars

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Okay then

1. The Last Jedi

3. Empire Strikes Back

5. A New Hope

6. Return of the Jedi
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. The Force Awakens

9. Rogue One

10. Battlefront 2 (the old one)

11. Jedi Knight 2 

12. The Ewok Special

13. The Holiday Special

16. The Old Republic

17. TIE Fighter

18. Star Wars Chess

19. The Phantom Menace

20. Star Wars Pinball

23. Attack of the Clones

24. X-Wing

25. LEGO Star Wars

I can settle with that with KOTOR II being 2#

Edited by Kalo

1. A New Hope

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. The Last Jedi

4. Rogue One

5. The Mandalorian

6. Return of the Jedi

7. X-wing

8. The Force Awakens

9. Solo

10. TIE Fighter

11. The Phantom Menace

12. Attack of the Clones

13. Revenge of the Sith

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Okay then

1. The Last Jedi

3. Empire Strikes Back

5. A New Hope

6. Return of the Jedi
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. The Force Awakens

9. Rogue One

10. Battlefront 2 (the old one)

11. Jedi Knight 2 

12. The Ewok Special

13. The Holiday Special

16. The Old Republic

17. TIE Fighter

18. Star Wars Chess

19. The Phantom Menace

20. Star Wars Pinball

23. Attack of the Clones

24. X-Wing

25. LEGO Star Wars

Lego Star Wars at 25. Blasphemy incarnate.

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Yes. 11 is O.K. however if you didn't like 11. may as well not put it. has Disney+ not launched yet in Germany? 

It did launch ~ recently, but the episodes of at least 2 TV-series seem to be far behind the release of the episode count like in the US, an additional episode per week like. I think SW:M started with 3 episodes and is now at #7

This here is OT, only if interested into someone else‘s preferences, reactions:

Spoiler

(I did not like more than only one of the movies 😉, incl at least 2 or so the majority seems to like/love, but love at least one movie a lot here at do not even like,...

I still consider myself as someone deep into SW enough to see myself as a fan, like I will give also the future live action movies a try, son convinced me even to give SW:M a try too, but for that I’ll wait, as said, I prefer to watch the complete series at once.

Hey, I even have a few action figures for some reasons - also for some other franchises, they are nearby my editing workspace)

I am into SW in a way (mixed: love, like, do-not-like) but love Farscape, Firefly, and Babylon 5 way more. Non Sci-Fi tv-series I love is Wiseguy also The Wire, plus 2 British TV-movie series = both are based on book series‘.

I do like e.g. the ST and SG series too, also some fantasy series, difference is between love and like.

Ugh, I'm torn between not doing this because I generally don't rank Star Wars stuff (interest shifts way too much depending on the mood I'm in, and what I write down might already be outdated a short time later) and doing it anyway just for the heck of it :P

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens 

A New Hope

Solo

The Last Jedi

Rogue One

The Phantom Menace 

The Rise of Skywalker 

Do not remember enough, but from what I remember they could be at the very bottom

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones 

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Not enough people will have books even if I do put and the only star wars book I've read in the last 4 or 5 years was Ahsoka. was pretty pissed when they pretty much threw away all previous Star Wars books and Aftermath was a bad place to Start with Cannon novels. didn't make far. Ahsoka was good though, if a bit filler.

Yeah Aftermath wasn’t that good. But you should get back into the canon novels. There are some great ones.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Yeah Aftermath wasn’t that good. But you should get back into the canon novels. There are some great ones.

I thought Bloodline and Lost Stars were up there with the better novels from the old EU.

7 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I think one issue with the recent novels has been that they aren't really much more than support material. They tend to give some depth to characters from movies or the tv-shows, but unlike in the past there isn't really any independent story being told away from that. Back in the days the future of the story was handled almost entirely by the books, because it didn't look like any more movies would happen. With this part now being filled by movies and tv-shows as well, books didn't really have much of a place beyond enhancing the story here and there. Not that this says a lot about the quality that gets delivered, but it obviously keeps the books away from telling grand stories.

I guess they have recognized that as well, seeing how Project Luminous is set in its own timeftrame telling a brand new story that is disconnected from everything else.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

I thought Bloodline and Lost Stars were up there with the better novels from the old EU.

Bloodline and Lost Stars are top tier. Lost Stars might be my favorite one. Claudia Gray is amazing with Star Wars. Her books Master & Apprentice and Leia: Princess of Alderaan are great too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Yeah I plan to, I have audible and I have been listening to books on there like crazy, and I have queen's shadow in my library. will probably listen to Master and Apprentice and Dooku sometime this summer. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Ugh, I'm torn between not doing this because I generally don't rank Star Wars stuff (interest shifts way too much depending on the mood I'm in, and what I write down might already be outdated a short time later) and doing it anyway just for the heck of it :P

tumblr_o1dtgtidcZ1utti2ko1_400.gif

• Like 1

1. Ranked 
  2. lists
  3. are
  4. the
  5. ultimate
  6. expression
  7. of
  8. the
  9. phrase
  10. "comparison
  11. is
  12. the
  13. thief
  14. of
  15. joy"
  16. it's
  17. all
  18. Star
  19. Wars
  20. to
  21. Holiday Special
  22. me

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 6

On a more serious note, @KaloResistance concluded after two seasons, so you might want to update the OP.  Not that I expect it to get many votes/much consideration. Just thought I should mention it. :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

On a more serious note, @KaloResistance concluded after two seasons, so you might want to update the OP.  Not that I expect it to get many votes/much consideration. Just thought I should mention it. :) 

Okay. I have 0 interest in Resistance but thanks.

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

A little off-topic but how would you compare Resistance to say, Season 1 of TCW? Is it that same sort of feel? People claim its bad due to being "kiddy", but the same complaints were made about the early seasons of TCW (which I greatly enjoyed) and Rebels (which I have been enjoying so far). Wondering if its worth it to watch Resistance after Rebels.

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

A little off-topic but how would you compare Resistance to say, Season 1 of TCW? Is it that same sort of feel? People claim its bad due to being "kiddy", but the same complaints were made about the early seasons of TCW (which I greatly enjoyed) and Rebels (which I have been enjoying so far). Wondering if its worth it to watch Resistance after Rebels.

Not the same.  

I like Resistance, but it is clearly targeted to an age group lets say one age level lower than TCW.  Mostly I'm talking about complexity of plot and how much of a story is told within an episode.

Like, a decent chunk of a stereotypical episode of Resistance will have more things like gags and visual comedy and/or "let's have fun with the goofball doing goofy things" than either TCW or Rebels ever did.

That doesn't make it bad.  Not by a long shot.  It just makes it different.  And I don't want to oversell this point as it isn't a standard "Saturday Morning Cartoon".  It does tell a metaplot over its two seasons that is more complex and compelling than most of that type of show. It follows a typical arc of a show where it gets more serious/complex as a season goes on.  For example, the gags and visual humor died down a lot on the back of S1 and while it got a bit more light-ish again at the start of S2 it still wasn't as gag/visually heavy as the start of S1.

It also isn't as gag heavy as, say, LEGO Adventures to give a comparison point. 

So it isn't "kiddy", per se.  It just isn't as complex as TCW/Rebels, if that makes any sense. 

(Still have to catch up with the back half of the last season, so consider these comments about the first season and the first half of the second season)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1