google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Kalo

Ranking Star Wars countdown Submissions in! working on scoring. Countdown starts Sunday! (6.7.20)

So literally everyone likes The Last Jedi here but me? sigh. like almost everyone I know in my circle of real life friends hates it. it's awful a disgrace to star wars cannon and Luke Skywalker. I'm just putting that out there. it will be very very difficult for me to put neutral viewpoint for it when it ranks high. I'll rank it but I am going to hate it and I will be very vocal about how I feel about it. and I don't hate all Rain Johnson stuff. Knives Out was one of my favorite films of last year, he just doesn't get Star Wars imo. 

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Kalo said:

So literally everyone likes The Last Jedi here but me? sigh. like almost everyone I know in my circle of real life friends hates it. it's awful a disgrace to star wars cannon and Luke Skywalker. I'm just putting that out there. it will be very very difficult for me to put neutral viewpoint for it when it ranks high. I'll rank it but I am going to hate it and I will be very vocal about how I feel about it. and I don't hate all Rain Johnson stuff. Knives Out was one of my favorite films of last year, he just doesn't get Star Wars imo. 

dude its just a kids movie

28 minutes ago, Kalo said:

the last jedi is rian johnson's best movie tho?

• Like 2

let’s not turn this into a TLJ thread plz!  

Oh but I must say it’s nice to see pretty much everyone agrees that Rise of Skywalker was garbage.  If your gonna say a movie is a disgrace to the franchise, that’s the one to say it to.  It looked at 40 years of story telling and took a massive dump on it.  

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Like 1

Are Prequel Memes allowed to be ranked separately?

Memes are media too.

2 hours ago, Kalo said:

Literally there are four people on the last page alone who rank it near the bottom

1. The Holiday Special
2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Star Wars

4. Return of the Jedi
5. Solo

6. The Force Awakens

7. The Last Jedi
8. Rogue One

9. Revenge of the Sith

10. The Phantom Menace

11. The Clone Wars (08)

12. Attack of the Clones

13. The Rise of Skywalker

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

I do not know why, but I always mix up which movie is the last jedi, which one is the return of... 

Personally since Star Wars got renamed as SW4 I use for the 3 trilogies only the numbers, way more simple....

Wasn‘t a fan of SW1, but son was young then and loved it in an infectious way (we watched it after a Disneyland visit where he ‚lived‘ in the Star Tours transporter), we even repeated the trip during the release of SW2, watched that one in France, as the English version, where I had to translate it simultaneously into German (we picked the ~ 4th nearly at once starting screening in English, several front rows were free) = I kinda like SW1 as a child‘s SW version. It was a positive shared experience to see him laugh, sit at the end of his seat, ask for spaceships... as toys for his birthday, build models with him..... 

I still use the race part with the flying bullets as helping to reposition the loudspeakers, after I had to store them away for visitors....

In opposition to probably all here (title names... not sure) I did not like SW3, but liked SW7. 

Have to further.think about the ranking of all of the movies.

• Like 1

1. A New Hope

2. Empire Strikes Back

2. Revenge of the Sith

4. Return of The Jedi

5. Clone Wars Animated series

5. Rogue One

7.Mandalorian 

8. Attack of the clones

9. Phantom Menace 

10. Clone Wars movie

11. Solo

12. The Last Jedi

13. The Rise of Skywalker 

Edited by Madhuvan
I didn't rank Force Awakens because it's basically a copy.
  • Like 1

Empire

Force Awakens

New Hope

Return of the Jedi

Jedi Fallen Order

Last Jedi

Rogue One

Rise of Skywalker 

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones 

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I do not know why, but I always mix up which movie is the last jedi, which one is the return of... 

Personally since Star Wars got renamed as SW4 I use for the 3 trilogies only the numbers, way more simple....

Wasn‘t a fan of SW1, but son was young then and loved it in an infectious way (we watched it after a Disneyland visit where he ‚lived‘ in the Star Tours transporter), we even repeated the trip during the release of SW2, watched that one in France, as the English version, where I had to translate it simultaneously into German (we picked the ~ 4th nearly at once starting screening in English, several front rows were free) = I kinda like SW1 as a child‘s SW version. It was a positive shared experience to see him laugh, sit at the end of his seat, ask for spaceships... as toys for his birthday, build models with him..... 

I still use the race part with the flying bullets as helping to reposition the loudspeakers, after I had to store them away for visitors....

In opposition to probably all here (title names... not sure) I did not like SW3, but liked SW7. 

Have to further.think about the ranking of all of the movies.

Interesting, Episode I was never one of my favorites as a kid. The one I was obsessed with was 6. I could have watched Luke's sail barge assault on loop for hours. I didn't start to really enjoy that one until around 2015 when I watched all the movies in preparation for 7. That's why its always weird for me when people refer to it as a kid's SW movie or the one most targeted at kids, I feel like that's tonally correct but storywise it feels a little older and I never really understood the plot as a kid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Menor said:

Interesting, Episode I was never one of my favorites as a kid. The one I was obsessed with was 6. I could have watched Luke's sail barge assault on loop for hours. I didn't start to really enjoy that one until around 2015 when I watched all the movies in preparation for 7. That's why its always weird for me when people refer to it as a kid's SW movie or the one most targeted at kids, I feel like that's tonally correct but storywise it feels a little older and I never really understood the plot as a kid.

Oh, he did like the old trilogy as well, we only started to watch SW1 for timeline reasons, and as. such his intro into the movies, it was fun to watch him.

He became a fan per the Star Tours transporter thing, we were for years the record holders in Disneyland Paris for the most often riding that (it was something way over 200 times), we had year-long pass things, the parking for motorhomes was free with those (including the use of showers,...) and used that parking place as a kind of secure place to do day-trips with e.g. trains to visit museums and such as well, but rode in the mornings and during the breaks the transporter. The parking place is closed in the nights, you can not enter even with that pass thing if its too late, lots of security, way more secure than to park e.g. at a highway fuel or resting place.

And stayed at rainy days the whole day in that ~ house (fast pass, all tricks allowed, he knew everyone working there on sight, they loved him).

Then we were rather often in France for other reasons as well, so we did the pass thing for 3 years, but only for one adult and him, hubby very seldom went also into the parc for reasons, it sounds probably very expensive but was in comparison the cheapest possible way to stay so near to Paris so long in the sum for the other reasons. Every camping place or hotel would have been way more expensive that the yearly passport thingies, and he had a lot of possibilities to run around enough to get himself tired.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

dude its just a kids movie

Yes it is. they made it one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

15 hours ago, Rorschach said:

1. The Holiday Special
2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Star Wars

4. Return of the Jedi
5. Solo

6. The Force Awakens

7. The Last Jedi
8. Rogue One

9. Revenge of the Sith

10. The Phantom Menace

11. The Clone Wars (08)

12. Attack of the Clones

13. The Rise of Skywalker

• Not Cool 2

18 hours ago, Blankments said:

the last jedi is rian johnson's best movie tho?

Hey Blentments, how have you been? also what happened to your taste? have we really not talked since Last Jedi?

1. ANH

2. ESB

3. ROTJ

4. ROTS

5. TPM

6. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

7. RO

8. AOTC

9. Solo

10. TLJ

11. TFA

12. TROS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

The fuck? The Holiday Special is a masterpiece.

Edited by Rorschach

22 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

The fuck? The Holiday Special is a masterpiece.

:rulez: ;):rolleyes: it's something special that's for sure.