baumer

Extraction (2020)

Tell us   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This was mediocre. The 12 minute single shot sequence was good but everything else feels like something you've seen before and better. Even Chris Hemsworth seems stuck autopilot as someone whose name might as well had been "The Chris Hemsworth Character." Also, needed more David Harbour. Not the worst A-list Netflix action movie you can find if you're really annoyed that the summer tentpoles have been delayed by the pandemic and want a similarly glossy streaming substitute to fill that void (which probably explains why it's been so popular) but it'll evaporate from the memory completely within two days. C

• Sad 1

This was about as entertaining as any action film I've seen.  It rarely slows down for a plot and when it does, it brilliantly brings in David Harbour to add a bit of exposition and plot.  This is the kind of movie I grew up with and I'm grateful that someone made a movie like this.  The action is frenetic and pretty much perpetual and the direction is outstanding.  Sam Hargrave is a MCU alum, doing stunts and stunt co-ordinating on many of the Avenger films including End Game and Infinity War.  He's also done a lot of fight coordinating.  So he knows his way around a set and he understands how to choreograph a fight scene and action scenes.  Add in the Russo brothers writing the script and Thor as the lead, and you have a lot of guys who are familiar and comfortable with another.  And it shows here.  Hemsworth was made for a role like this.  He easily passes as a special forces kind of guy with a very special set of skills and all that.  This is the kind of film you just sit back and enjoy if you like action films.  A very good movie.

8/10

This would have been a fun film if it wasn't so serious and dull. Like, I do not remember even a single moment of levity in this movie. The director tried to capture John Wick with the action but the writer clearly failed to recognise that the John Wick movies are also geniunely hilarious at times.

Good action film, C.H masters his character very well, he's a hell of an actor, he manages to make us forget his character from Marvel, which is not easy. The way the fight scenes are shot, I thought I was in call of duty modern Warfare! And John Wick's Chris Hemsworth performance is just awesome! I loved it !

Edited by sneazzy95