The Wild Eric

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

For me:

1. Batman Begins 

2. The Dark Knight 

3. Batman (1989)

4. Batman Returns 

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm 

6. The Dark Knight Rises 

7. The LEGO Batman Movie

8. Batman Forever 

9. Batman & Robin 

10. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition is better version of this sh**y film)

11. Batman: The Movie (1966) - I'm not a fan of this camp version although I love Adam West as Batman

The best SH films are Begins, TDK and Infinity War.

• Like 1

My 2-4 tends to swap around a lot.  

1. The Dark Knight 
  2. Batman Returns 
  3. Batman Begins 
  4. Batman (1989)
  6. The LEGO Batman Movie
  7. The Dark Knight Rises 
  8. Batman: The Movie (1966)
  9. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  10. Batman Forever 
  11. Batman & Robin 

The landmark films in the genre for me would be Superman (1978), Batman (1989), Unbreakable (2000), Spider-Man 2 (2004), The Incredibles (2004), The Dark Knight (2008), Avengers: Endgame (2019). 

• Like 1

The more I parse the numbers, the more I think Batman Begins is the correct comp. BB adjusted 3-day opening weekend comps to roughly 25-30 on the charts at release, which would be right around $140M today and it’s domestic finish was 45th at the time, which is about $380M today. 

140/380 seem like perfect targets for this thing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I can't imagine they keep that embargo date now. Especially since Korean audiences will be seeing it on the night of the 27th here. Probably going to be the 22nd or 23rd.

Now fully expecting the 23rd to be the case to line up with the world premiere, and then reviews might still be 2/28 though maybe they'll bring it to Friday the 25th or over the weekend? Idk, is it common for international audiences to be able to see a movie before the review embargo drops?

If the reason for the late embargo is to avoid spoilers (and i'm pretty sure it is), they have no reason to push the date back. 

They can do the premiere without that. And infos will start to come out from Korea just a few hours before the reviews itself, so it won't matter. 

And honestly, why drop the reviews? It won't change the OW, any effect that it could do in presales this week, it will have on the final week once the embargo ends anyway. 

It's cool to have reviews earlier and i understand getting anxious about it, but having spoilers out before the week of release would hurt this way more than have a late embargo date.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Now fully expecting the 23rd to be the case to line up with the world premiere, and then reviews might still be 2/28 though maybe they'll bring it to Friday the 25th or over the weekend? Idk, is it common for international audiences to be able to see a movie before the review embargo drops?

uncharted released a week before it did domestically in some markets and we got reviews from those media outlets before the embargo domestically ended so maybe thats how it will work for The Batman

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Juby said:

For me:

1. Batman Begins 

2. The Dark Knight 

3. Batman (1989)

4. Batman Returns 

6. The Dark Knight Rises 

7. The LEGO Batman Movie

8. Batman Forever 

9. Batman & Robin 

10. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition is better version of this sh**y film)

11. Batman: The Movie (1966) - I'm not a fan of this camp version although I love Adam West as Batman

The best SH films are Begins, TDK and Infinity War.

also avengers endgame, thor ragnarok, black panther, spiderman no way home & even the original avengers are right up there..for a web series, Wandavision was 10/10

i saw endgame twice in the theatres, thats how emotional it was.

Edited by Halba

On 2/18/2022 at 10:43 AM, brothernero said:

Zoe Kravitz looks like the obvious weak link in the movie.

The worst Catwoman ever?

she looks sexy. u are wrong. she wont be as good as pfeiffer though, pfeiffer looks exactly how catwoman the  should look like, pfeiffer has a close resemblance to the iconic catwoman

Edited by Halba