The Wild Eric

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's a tweet with 3 likes lol. 

I told you it wasn't worth bothering with. :lol:  Plus this discussion is starting to make grim grumpy, so if we want to keep this thread open might be best to move on even if this wasn't what @Valonqar was referring to. 👍

• Like 1

Some people just want to poke the bear it seems. :sadno:

===

FWIW, it was those posts among others that made me think that dude was a troll out for attention and thus really not worth the time in this thread.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

spoilers from someone who claims they saw the movie on Resetera

Hide contents

My take.

Spoiler

Barry keoghan is NOT the two face. harvey dent has to be introduced first as a character, then turns into Two face. They arent going to do it again as they already did it with TDK. Barry keoghan is definitely the joker.

Edited by Halba

14 hours ago, 21C said:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-council-committee-votes-against-23125647 

This is interesting, in the UK a cinema chain tried to get the rating for The Batman lowered (it's the equivalent of R there) and they failed: 

UK doesnt represent the majority view. Australia has it as an 'M rating which any kid can watch.

19 hours ago, dudalb said:

The situation in the Ukraine is not calming down for a long time.

It will be over in less than a week from now. Once kiev falls- its basically over ,plus the remaining satellite cities which may hold out for a few more weeks. akin to USA in iraq/gulf i think. its basically's russia's 2nd gulf war - albeit with no dictators to usurp - Zelensky isn't Saddam or a dictator. he's a democratically elected official 🥴, so ultimately the war is a joke and solely about putin's ego.

Edited by Halba

18 hours ago, 21C said:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-council-committee-votes-against-23125647 

This is interesting, in the UK a cinema chain tried to get the rating for The Batman lowered (it's the equivalent of R there) and they failed: 

It’s actually more restrictive than an R, because no one under 15 can see it, even if accompanied. 

• Like 1

Yesterday it was a veeeeery long evening for me as it started with a 3 hour viewing of the batman and finished early today with me puking all over my girlfeiend's apartment from all the alcohol from the party we went after. More on the former when I actually manage to collect my thoughts. Great night thought.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 4

6 minutes ago, belblazer said:

A shame that we apparently won't have a Black Adam trailer attached to this. I was really expecting it.

I was too, but honestly most people still haven't seen that great Heroes teaser. Hopefully it will be attached to every print of The Bat and they can promote three pics with one, and then put the full Black Adam trailer with Fantastic Beasts.

• Like 1

Looks like video got taken down(it contains some spoilers so beware) but here is Pete Hammond's review:

A summary of Hammond's review:

• Bruce is a "torn, psychologically scarred figure here, wandering around Gotham City trying to wreak vengeance on criminals but not sure what he is."
  • The Batman is not an origin story
  • He says he has not seen a Batman story like this one.
  • A "winner" and a "detective movie for the ages"
  • It "deserves to be placed right alongside The Dark Knight"
  • Commends the actors' performances
  • Pattinson embodies the character perfectly
  • Well-paced - Hammond says he never once looked at his watched
  • Focuses on character over action, more of a classic noir detective story

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Some more reactions from critics

Jordan King, Empire Magazine: I saw Con O'Neill [Chief Mackenzie Bock] in a MASSIVE film yesterday and couldn’t have been happier. Fantastic actor, gave a defining voice to and portrayal of Blood Brothers’ Mickey, and has been great in so many roles on screen too. Had a massive grin on my face when he turned up - great stuff!

You were so good! Can’t wait to actually be able to talk about the film - and Liverpool makes a great Gotham City, who knew?!

Roxana Hadadi, New York Magazine/Vulture and RT Top Critic:

honestly, too hyped after [redacted] and now need to chill out. cool down. hose myself off. whatever.

this FILM!!

desperately need a BLADE-style nightclub to go throw myself around in to burn off energy!

like I really am about to transform into vin diesel. I love this shit.

what if matt reeves made all of our cinema?

[NB: Her replies make clear she is referring to The Batman]

NB: Other critics that liked Hadadi's and are known to have seen the film:

• Alissa Wilkinson from Vox
  • Chris Evangelista from Slashfilm
  • Rachel Leishman from The Mary Sue
  • Rendy Jones (RT Top Critic)
  • Angelica Jade from Vulture (RT Top Critic)
  • Matt Goldberg (formerly Collider)

Brian Tallerico, RogerEbert.com and RT Top Critic: I’ve already had some the most enjoyable film discussions of the last few years about a little movie coming out next week. The films that provoke these kind of rich conversations are always my favorites of the year.

Ty Burr (RT Top Critic): Saw a film tonight that is apocalyptic in fresh and ugly and relevant ways, and I guess we sometimes get the movies we need and/or the movies we deserve.

Joanna Robinson, Ringer: The two best-looking movies that have felt like cinema (whatever that means to you) to me in the past year were lensed by the same cinematographer and that’s pretty thrilling.

Rendy Jones (Critics Choice Association member): My dumbass got my booster within the same day I saw it but the way a certain sequence defied all the side effect pains. UGH CINEMA!

Hoai-Tran Bui, Slashfilm: so WIRED right now

Jason Evans, CNN: Hope this doesn’t count as breaking the embargo but I recommend making a bathroom stop BEFORE the movie and not ordering a large soda. Once the 3 hour film starts, you want want to get up from your seat.

Sarah Marks, Deputy Editor at Lainey Gossip, Chicago Films Critics member: The Batman is under embargo, but what ISN'T under embargo is how hot Andy Serkis is, that is PUBLIC INFORMATION you can have FOR FREE.

Honestly, almost everyone in The Batman is extremely hot, it's like Gotham is the most miserable city full of just the hottest fucking people, no wonder people don't move out despite how shitty it is. I can only assume Metropolis is full of a bunch of uggos.

I saw Angelica [Jade, critic at Vulture] at the screening and was too intimidated to ask her anything but even sideways validation that my immediate ZEST for this movie isn't solitary feels RIGHT AND GOOD.

Damien O'Brien (UK magician): Just watched The Batman. 8.5/10 great film !

Jack Howard (UK critic): I have seen it. There’s so much to love about it. Standouts for me are RBatz - he is fantastic!! And Greig Fraser’s gorgeous cinematography. Excited to see it again.

@Jonathan__DC (Spanish fan):

Watched The Batman. Matt Reeves gives DC fans the most realistic and heartbreaking portrait of the Gotham of comics, dark, gloomy and full of mystery. A city contaminated by crime and corruption, here the villains are the real stars of the show.

Paul Dano plays the Riddler. One of the villains who brings Batman upside down, Gotham's bat is powerless to stop him and at many points his "riddles" are another twist in this murderous game.

DR Movie News: A couple friends - WITH GREAT TASTE - texted me after seeing The Batman

“I have a few nitpicks, but this movie delivers on everything I wanted from the tone/style I got from the trailers. It’s Nolan caliber.”

“This movie is NOT for families…but you already knew that lol”

Sil Molina (Spanish blogger): I can't say much because we signed an embargo that expires on March 2nd. Anyway, I dare to say that, from now on, start lining up to suck Pattinson and Matt Reeves' dick. Suffice to say, I would see her a thousand times more. Amazing!

Mark Walters, Bigfanboy.com: My @bigfanboy review hits Monday, and I’m under embargo until then to talk about it, so I can’t tell you how incredibly satisfying & masterful Matt Reeves’s The Batman is. I can’t tell you how it finally gets the character just right in every way. I can’t tell you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

Are you sure? Is there some kind of source confirming this? I just find it weird that WB would not do so

The rumor was that the trailer would be release between Peacemaker season finale and The Batman release. We are now 2 days to see The Batman and still nothing about the trailer.

But yeah, at this point maybe they will show The World Need Heroes teaser.