Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Isn’t the U.K. handling the pandemic a lot better than the U.S.? 

That's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one, but still accurate: the UK currently has 311,000 cases of COVID-19 and a death toll of 43,550. 

Compared to a lot of countries though, the UK isn't exactly doing great in handling the spread of COVID-19 (hence why saying it's handling the pandemic better than the US is a backhanded compliment).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/uk-government-allows-film-tv-production-be-exempt-quarantine-rules-1301849?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The U.K. Government will allow a number of film and television productions to be exempt from following quarantine rules and resume filming safely this summer. 

The government announced the exemption Sunday in hopes of allowing production of international blockbusters to get underway. The exemption only applies to those traveling to England. Exempted individuals are set to live and work in controlled "bubbled" environments that will only include their production and accommodation locations.  

Other major productions originally halted in the U.K. include: Matt Reeve's The Batman, the third Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them installment, Disney's The Little Mermaid and Sony's live-action musical adaptation of Cinderella

• Like 1

This news is so cool. I wanted a Gotham Central show for ages, the Gotham TV show we wound up getting was so lame. Terrence Winter is an insane get for a comic book TV show, I couldn't see him ever signing onto one pre-Vinyl lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I wouldn’t mind if this Batman movie launches its own cinematic universe with its own spinoffs without being connected to the DCEU. Every Batman movie during its run could be the culmination of every phase.

The only problem with that idea is that WB is supposedly still developing a Batgirl movie that’s set in the DCEU, and the latest rumors have suggested that the Michael Keaton Batman is supposed to serve as a mentor to her.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The only problem with that idea is that WB is supposedly still developing a Batgirl movie that’s set in the DCEU, and the latest rumors have suggested that the Michael Keaton Batman is supposed to serve as a mentor to her.

They better change it to Terry Mcginis and save Batgirl as well as Robin\Nightwing for their own movies in the Reeves universe 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, 35MM-18 said:

That's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one, but still accurate: the UK currently has 311,000 cases of COVID-19 and a death toll of 43,550. 

Compared to a lot of countries though, the UK isn't exactly doing great in handling the spread of COVID-19 (hence why saying it's handling the pandemic better than the US is a backhanded compliment).

The UK doesn't have 311,000 active cases.

There have been a total of 288K cases since the start of the epidemic.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Why do we need to see how Gotham became crime-ridden? I would’ve thought the point of doing a show like this would be to show Gotham from outside of Bruce Wayne’s perspective. This just sounds pointless. 

Maybe Reeves and Winter didn't like how Gotham seemingly squandered its potential on that front?