Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

33 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Maybe Reeves and Winter didn't like how Gotham seemingly squandered its potential on that front?

Do we really need another origin story? We’ve had enough origin stories set in the Batman universe to last a lifetime. 

• Like 1

I mean it’s obvious WB likes what Reeves has planned for the Batman Universe if they’ve basically given him a trilogy and a straight to order show now on HBOMAX and there’s probably more in the works as well. 

I think this show will be a great addition to his universe especially with who’s involved with the show, I’m really excited to see where it goes and how much it connects. 

If the show doesn’t interest you there’s a real simple solution to that, just don’t watch it, that’s completely fine. 

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean it’s obvious WB likes what Reeves has planned for the Batman Universe if they’ve basically given him a trilogy and a straight to order show now on HBOMAX and there’s probably more in the works as well. 

I think this show will be a great addition to his universe especially with who’s involved with the show, I’m really excited to see where it goes and how much it connects. 

If the show doesn’t interest you there’s a real simple solution to that, just don’t watch it, that’s completely fine. 

I have no clue how the show will turn out. Maybe it’ll be good. I’m just kind of confused about why they would reportedly choose to go in territory that’s already been done numerous times before. Why not just do a Gotham Central type of show?

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I have no clue how the show will turn out. Maybe it’ll be good. I’m just kind of confused about why they would reportedly choose to go in territory that’s already been done numerous times before. Why not just do a Gotham Central type of show?

Might still be a Gotham Central show, just... set earlier in the timeline

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

My advice would be to wait to hear more details about the show and then decide if it interests you or not. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Do we really need another origin story? We’ve had enough origin stories set in the Batman universe to last a lifetime. 

I just hope we don't have to see Thomas and Martha Wayne getting shot again.

• Like 1

The issue with Gotham isn't that it's some kind of masterpiece, or that revisiting the subject is a bad idea per se... The issue is the same as the constant reboots on the big screen. It just seems too soon to do another show in the same vein - especially when a cop show set concurrently to Batman's presence would probably be more interesting than once again watching Gotham "fall into corruption" (potentially ending with a certain death scene that we've never seen before?)

• Like 2