Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

18 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Nolan trilogy is the gold standard, but no reason we can't have more Batman films, and no reason future Batman films can't be really good as well. Now, will this be as good as TDK. No. No superhero film is as good as TDK, but that doesn't mean this won't be good.

Lmao.

I mean the consensus is TDK is the best but it's still subjective.

TDK isn't even in my top 10 and I like Burton's 89 film better.

Outside the Joker I'm not that wowed by TDK. And my nostalgia for B89 is a helluva drug. 

For me, this film could easily take the top spot for best Batman movie. So far it's pressing all the right buttons.

• Like 1

Pretty good with the vaguely Fincher-ian aesthetic and horror/detective vibes for the majority of the trailer, very not fine with the dumb and dull "I'm Vengeance" line and "badass" beatdown of some homeless dude. Took the trailer down real fast for me. That line is some straight Reddit edgelord fantasy booking shit. But hey, I like all of Reeves movies and I love the cast so I'll be there if reviews aren't terrible.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marcos12 said:

One of the most well received superhero teasers/trailers ever, this is making $200m + in the Dom opening weekend.

$150M would be amazing considering Oct date. I think Joker gave them the courage to come there and may expect a great legs.

I am 100% here for the December date... it would do insane numbers. I know that they clearly want to make October an DC month, but Suicide Squad could get this slot.

It will probably stay on the same date I know but considering that Black Adam will unlikely stay in December, the xmas slot will be open. And also Avatar is no longer here. So why not?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$150M would be amazing considering Oct date. I think Joker gave them the courage to come there and may expect a great legs.

Joker is R rated and had several controversies, from what I realized the controversies were in the USA only, overseas was more well received and the  media did not try to ruin the film as it did in the USA.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Pretty good with the vaguely Fincher-ian aesthetic and horror/detective vibes for the majority of the trailer, very not fine with the dumb and dull "I'm Vengeance" line and "badass" beatdown of some homeless dude. Took the trailer down real fast for me. That line is some straight Reddit edgelord fantasy booking shit. But hey, I like all of Reeves movies and I love the cast so I'll be there if reviews aren't terrible.

"I'm vengeance" is a direct reference to Batman The Animated Series. "I'm vengeance, I'm the night, I'm Batman" is one of the most famous lines from that.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Why does Batman speak like a teenager?

Because they want a young and hot Batman for their franchise, but they will not 🤬 give me a Dick Grayson, who is, wait for it… A young and hot Nightwing Batman.