Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

18 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

'The Batman' Previews O/U TDK Previews ($18.5M)? Trying to think of an interesting previews target. Def not getting to BVS or TDKR

18.5M would be very bad, considering how preview heavy this movies are these days.

I can see it doing less than 100M OW with this kind of previews. 

But honestly i don't see much reason to expect that, hype for this is simply huge. Yeah i don't think it will get anywhere close to 200M OW, but i think around 30M previews and 150-160M OW is probably a good target.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

18.5M would be very bad, considering how preview heavy this movies are these days.

I can see it doing less than 100M OW with this kind of previews. 

But honestly i don't see much reason to expect that, hype for this is simply huge. Yeah i don't think it will get anywhere close to 200M OW, but i think around 30M previews and 150-160M OW is probably a good target.

150/160 off 30 previews would be a worse IM than NWH had. I'm thinking more like 20-23M previews and 140-150M OW.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

You should really vet things before posting them. No official outlet is saying this.

It comes from a site that receives TV Spots before they're officially released to the public. 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/nahO/the-batman-movie-trailer It's the last one in "Alternate Version", they've posted several spots about this movie before they were out officially.

• Like 1

I’ll wait to see presales but I’m just hoping for 100m for opening weekend, I don’t really care if people think that’s bad lol.

With respects to hype, Twitter/social media hype seems great but I just never know how that will translate to real life,  I also don’t know how much the GA cares about a new Batman movie now after BvS and JL. I know Batman is always a big sell and maybe WOM will be great but I just don’t know about the opening weekend yet. I’m also unsure about overseas but we’ll see how presales do there as well. 

We’ll see what happens, I just want a good movie that people enjoy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’ll wait to see presales but I’m just hoping for 100m for opening weekend, I don’t really care if people think that’s bad lol.

With respects to hype, Twitter/social media hype seems great but I just never know how that will translate to real life,  I also don’t know how much the GA cares about a new Batman movie now after BvS and JL. I know Batman is always a big sell and maybe WOM will be great but I just don’t know about the opening weekend yet. I’m also unsure about overseas but we’ll see how presales do there as well. 

We’ll see what happens, I just want a good movie that people enjoy. 

BvS and JL didn’t stop Joker from having the biggest OW for an October release. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

150/160 off 30 previews would be a worse IM than NWH had. I'm thinking more like 20-23M previews and 140-150M OW.

DC big movies isn't more frontloaded than MCU movies? Maybe i'm remembering wrong but i think DC big movies are closer to SW than MCU in this aspect. 

Still, i would be truly shocked if it just match TDK 2008 numbers now that previews is almost another full day.

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

DC big movies isn't more frontloaded than MCU movies? Maybe i'm remembering wrong but i think DC big movies are closer to SW than MCU in this aspect. 

Still, i would be truly shocked if it just match TDK 2008 numbers now that previews is almost another full day.

NWH had 3 pm previews and a much larger absolute preview number than Batman is likely to get.

WB 100% thinking they have an extremely high quality product on their hands, time to just blow up the awareness.

I am telling everyone - the is going to blow up beyond belief. 

After seeing how strong NWH performance continues to be in spite of Omicron, I'll update my predictions.

Opening Weekend:
$160 million DOM.
$208 million INT/OS
=368 million GLOBAL.

Total run:
$473 million DOM.
$637 million INT/OS
=$1110 billion GLOBAL.

These numbers may sound like insane predictions at first glance, but I don't think they are. My total domestic still comes 60 million under TDK's domestic total not adjusted for inflation, and my total international stills comes 101 million under Joker's 738 million total, the highest domestic and international numbers for the franchise.

Even if we take into account the fact The Batman will only have a 45 day exclusive theatrical window and it's gonna get cut down on that last week significantly, 37 days after TDK released The Batman still comes under it domestically with TDK having a gross by August 24th 2008 of 489 million not adjusted for inflation (when you adjust it for inflation it's 633 million) 
Same with Joker, The Batman comes underneath it overseas with Joker having a gross of 671.2M in November 10th 2019, meaning The Batman with a bigger box office opening would still have worse legs than Joker which is realistic considering how insane Joker's international legs were.

3.016x global multiplier for The Batman (compared to Joker's 3.9x)
3.062x international multiplier for The Batman (compared to Joker's 4.4x)
2.95x domestic multiplier for The Batman (compared to TDK's 3.094x)

Edited by 21C

8 minutes ago, 21C said:

After seeing how strong NWH performance continues to be in spite of Omicron, I'll update my predictions.

Opening Weekend:
$160 million DOM.
$208 million INT/OS
=368 million GLOBAL.

Total run:
$473 million DOM.
$637 million INT/OS
=$1110 billion GLOBAL.

These numbers may sound like insane predictions at first glance, but I don't think they are. My total domestic still comes 60 million under TDK's domestic total not adjusted for inflation, and my total international stills comes 101 million under Joker's 738 million total, the highest domestic and international numbers for the franchise.

Even if we take into account the fact The Batman will only have a 45 day exclusive theatrical window and it's gonna get cut down on that last week significantly, 37 days after TDK released The Batman still comes under it domestically with TDK having a gross by August 24th 2008 of 489 million not adjusted for inflation (when you adjust it for inflation it's 633 million) 
Same with Joker, The Batman comes underneath it overseas with Joker having a gross of 671.2M in November 10th 2019, meaning The Batman with a bigger box office opening would still have worse legs than Joker which is realistic considering how insane Joker's international legs were.

Nothing wrong with your numbers. Not insane. I think they're a bit high but I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I'm not going to try to predict the global opening, but for the rest I'm thinking something like....

$145M DOM OW
$390M DOM 
$590M OS-C 

$100M China (if it gets it)

• Like 2