Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd totally love a Batman film that's closer to the Burton films and it sucks that all that audiences seem to want is a dark and gritty version. Even saying that the production design in the Burton films is great gets you "but it looks so fake" comments lol. 

The Burton films were actually notorious at the time for how dark and twisted they were. That’s the whole reason the Schumacher films were made the way they were.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd totally love a Batman film that's closer to the Burton films and it sucks that all that audiences seem to want is a dark and gritty version. Even saying that the production design in the Burton films is great gets you "but it looks so fake" comments lol. 

Back in the day Burton's Batman was considered dark and gritty. Times change.

I'd love to see a Gotham in the vein of Burton's vision of the city, though. In the recent movies it has looked just like any other city. Boring.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The Burton films were actually notorious at the time for how dark and twisted they were. That’s the whole reason the Schumacher films were made the way they were.

But they didn't make their entire identity trying to be grim and grounded as possible lol. The first film has characters dancing to Prince songs and the last act involves Joker releasing toxic gas through huge balloons. Batman Returns (which I saw today and LOVED) literally ends with penguins with rockets on their backs and has a substantial amount of the movie dedicated to exploring how horny the main characters are. There's clearly a big difference between those Batman films and what's being shown here.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

And people wonder why they try and include Batman in everything lol.

Just for a comparison, WW84 trailer has 4.2m views and 120k likes all day, not that it’s bad or anything and I know it’s the second trailer, but this has next level hype around it. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

Can someone tell me the final lines of the trailer, pls?

It was an incredible trailer btw.

I've always wanted a Batman movie set in the Se7en universe. And this is grounded without being dull. There's enough artful creative choices beinh made here.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charles Richardson said:

I'm impressed with the ground work you're laying for your inevitable turn and proclamation when the film actually drops:  "I was skeptical, but when I saw it, it exceeded all of my expectations. I wasn't sold on Matt Reeves, but he has made a masterpiece."  The long con.  I dig it.

You never have a bad word to say about a DC film during the time of it's release. You'll criticize pre release and/or well after release (once the film has made it VOD money) in an attempt to pass yourself off as objective.  But, your comment history (on BOT and elsewhere) speaks for itself.

You'll praised The Batman like you do for every DC film release. And you'll get into frequent post wars with people who criticize it.  And, like with prior DC releases, you do this all around the internet. Your username pops up all over the place.  You're not slick. I hope WB is paying you. It would be really pathetic otherwise.

tenor.gif?itemid=7902514

• Like 1