Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

The trailer, to me, feels small. It's an ok trailer, i really don't get the high praise. Looks to me like the movie will be smaller scale, not grandiose. I read it's gonna be a detective story. The Seven comparison is apt, but didn't that movie flop? Not saying this will flop, that's impossible. Joker i feel is the exemption. Joaquin was perfect for the role. His transformation was incredible.  I ain't on board with RPatz and the rest of the cast is insignificant

Edited by Maggie
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

The trailer, to me, feels small. It's an ok trailer, i really don't get the high praise. Looks to me like the movie will be smaller scale, not grandiose. I read it's gonna be a detective story.

Everything you're saying here is why I'm giving it high praise. Smaller scale Batman movie focusing on the character actually being the world's greatest detective for once.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

MCU always have more impressive trailer stats, it’s not really comparable.

The Batman will probably reach 600k likes on it’s first day and reach 1M eventually, only Joker reach that.

This will be huge if things becomes better before it’s release date. 

This is the same thing I said in the other thread. It’s not really comparable anymore.

Also, people have to remember that the initial first run of trailer views for this were done on the live stream on Fandome.com, but either way it doesn’t really matter.

All you have to do is look at trailer views for Aquaman( which had ok trailer views) and broke out big (especially overseas).

This will do very well if they maintain this hype and Reeves does what it seems like he’ll do with this. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Everything you're saying here is why I'm giving it high praise. Smaller scale Batman movie focusing on the character actually being the world's greatest detective for once.

That's cool, but the movie needs something to stand out, in order to make the big bucks at the BO. Like a Joaquin performance, or a big glorious setting, idk if the story if it's indeed good will be enough to set the BO on fire.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The trailer, to me, feels small. It's an ok trailer, i really don't get the high praise. Looks to me like the movie will be smaller scale, not grandiose. I read it's gonna be a detective story. The Seven comparison is apt, but didn't that movie flop? Not saying this will flop, that's impossible. Joker i feel is the exemption. Joaquin was perfect for the role. His transformation was incredible.  I ain't on board with RPatz and the rest of the cast is insignificant

I would say it’s about time for superhero movies to scale down on the bloated storytelling we have seen the last 20 years. Bunch of empty 3rd acts that are more about showing off the talent of CGI artists than telling a good story. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This is the same thing I said in the other thread. It’s not really comparable anymore.

Also, people have to remember that the initial first run of trailer views for this were done on the live stream on Fandome.com, but either way it doesn’t really matter.

All you have to do is look at trailer views for Aquaman( which had ok trailer views) and broke out big (especially overseas).

This will do very well if they maintain this hype and Reeves does what it seems like he’ll do with this. 

Not to mention that Shazam's trailer pulled better numbers than Aquamans. And the second trailer for this will be even bigger than this one.

• Like 1

It was pretty obvious for a while now that this would be a smaller movie. It’s consistently been described as a noir style detective story. I would’ve liked to have seen a Batman movie with characters like Clayface and Man-Bat, but that clearly wasn’t going to be on the table for this movie, at the very least. 

By the way, I have a feeling that Matt Reeves is trying to build up the Court of Owls as the main villains of this trilogy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

That's cool, but the movie needs something to stand out, in order to make the big bucks at the BO. Like a Joaquin performance, or a big glorious setting, idk if the story if it's indeed good will be enough to set the BO on fire.

Show something new is something that stand out to me.

We already see billions of blockbusters with big sets, giant effects etc every year.

A movie truly focused on the script, with good discussions, this is what the character deserves. And also Rob performance seems great honestly, Matt already said it’s a movie with a broken, raw, angry Batman, and you can see all of that with just one look of Pattinson.

I could easily see this Batman and Joaquin’s Joker in the same movie actually, let’s hope it will happen eventually.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Maggie said:

They still need to film 75% of the movie. So maybe thats why the scope feels small

I really liked the tone. And best of all. Its a tone where you could see Joaquins Joker fit perfectly IMO

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

It doesn't look like a huge budget movie like all the last Batmans movie does it? Is less than $150 million possible? If so, it can earn an insane profit...

Based on everything Matt said and what we see on the trailer, i guess the budget it’s around $ 90-100M.

Enough for good action scenes and cool visuals but way smaller than a typical CGI heavy movie.

• Like 2

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Based on everything Matt said and what we see on the trailer, i guess the budget it’s around $ 90-100M.

Enough for good action scenes and cool visuals but way smaller than a typical CGI heavy movie.

My impression was also the Birds of Prey and Shazam's budget ($80-100 million). Gosh, imagine the profit...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The Seven comparison is apt, but didn't that movie flop? 

It grossed $327.3 million from a $33 million budget and was the seventh (heh) highest-grossing film of 1995.

Fight Club is the one that flopped. And The Game. And also Zodiac.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

The Buzz generated by the trailer for this movie is (at least) on the same level as the Joker imo ((it's bigger than I expected, they filmed only 25% of the film and they didn't have much to show), pretty good.

Joker was huge on youtube too tho. Not just twitter. Both trailers have north of 80m views with the 2nd being at 90m+ and both over 1m likes. I don't see this reaching said numbers. It's 2nd trailer as per usual won't be as big