Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

15 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less if I never saw Pattinson or Kravitz in these roles again. I'd happily revisit Gotham, but I really wasn't slightly invested or connected to anything that happened. It feels so empty to me. Incidentally, I had the same disconnect from War for the Planet of the Apes, despite loving the first two movies in that franchise.

They were both utterly unconvincing - as was the film itself.

31 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

literally 30 minutes in

Imagen

It's not an unfair criticism. Buying into Gordon's absolute trust in batman, and his willngness to alienate his colleagues in the process, relies on prior knowledge of their relationship in the comics/previous films. Without that it would seem insane and the script barely addresses it. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

It's not an unfair criticism. Buying into Gordon's absolute trust in batman, and his willngness to alienate his colleagues in the process, relies on prior knowledge of their relationship in the comics/previous films. Without that it would seem insane and the script barely addresses it. 

if you think that gordon relationship with batman is more unbelievable than anything that happends in the film the problem is yours not the film also there's like enough media and the characters are iconic enough to know the relationship between the two

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Breaking suspension of disbelief is when the world of the film has existed before the movie starts. Apparently.

being buds with a cop is obviously less believable than survive automatic rifles

Watched this again and it kinda got worse???

The film starts out great. The investigation is fun, and Batman/Bruce's relationships with the supporting characters is interesting and engaging improving over previous Batman films. The music is good. The church scene is brilliant and exciting. The ending with the whole 'hey, isn't it weird how the Batman franchise lines up well with incel behaviour?' examination is half baked but it's fine enough - it's just that this film is so bloody long.

The second they pulled out the 'failed Google translate/URL' clue I really started to feel the length. The golden street light hue started to remind me of a groggy night out. The back and forth to get to the solution of the "rat" clue was excessive and overwrought, especially considering the solution. The journey between the same 2 or 3 locations to even get to that solution became visually boring and made the city seem small. 

The third act featuring the flooding is cool but I feel that if the action were only slightly worse and if the music wasn't as great I would've probably hated it.

It's a fine movie, I just cannot fathom ever spending 3 hours watching it again. MATINEE

This seems to be getting a mixed-to-lukewarm response from what I've seen on twitter. Also people I've talked to at work who waited for the max release, they didn't like it. I've seen too many tweets saying rewatching the film at home is making people downgrade their initial rating for it. I personally think it gets better on rewatch. Things I didn't catch during my IMAX showing made me bump up my rating.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

15 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

I enjoyed the movie for what it was but one thing that was in the back of my mind after it ended was that I couldn't recall a single scene that stuck with me in terms of impact. For me (my opinion) this doesn't have a single scene which made me go WHOA THAT IS THE SCENE OF THE ENTIRE MOVIE.

the batmobile intro scene and car flip sequence.

The intro scenes for the 3 main characters (batman, catwoman, riddler) are all excellent. The batmobile scene is excellent. In fact, the beginning when they're focusing on the shadows is the best??? batman intro scene of any of his films.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

the batmobile intro scene and car flip sequence.

See I thought that to when I first saw it but It didn't grip me (I really hope im not being too negative because I really did enjoy the film) I think apart of me wanted a "do you know how I got these scars" scene something that stayed with me after I was done with the film

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

As long as the sequel manages to be shorter, I’m hopeful that it’ll see a notable increase at the box office, unless superhero fatigue really does set in by then. 

I imagine Reeves and WB probably know they'd be pushing their luck a little too much if the sequel was a similar runtime. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, cookieleeann said:

This seems to be getting a mixed-to-lukewarm response from what I've seen on twitter. Also people I've talked to at work who waited for the max release, they didn't like it. I've seen too many tweets saying rewatching the film at home is making people downgrade their initial rating for it. I personally think it gets better on rewatch. Things I didn't catch during my IMAX showing made me bump up my rating.

that is literally not true even now the response on this after people seeing it on HBOMAX has been extremely positive on social media. 

6 hours ago, mitchellsilver said:

that is literally not true even now the response on this after people seeing it on HBOMAX has been extremely positive on social media. 

I said from what I HAVE SEEN. And people I know in real life. Please don't tell me what I have seen with my own 2 eyes is false.