Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

6 hours ago, Juby said:

1) Batman covered his face before the explosion; 2) Martinez wasn't in The Riddler's apartment when they've found a tucker, he was taking Nashton to Arkham.

That did kind of bother me too. I also thought the whole Alfred talking like Smeegle(sp?) joke was unfunny. I did laugh at a number of things though.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:10 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

There are some differences, namely the narration giving it a detective noir film, but this version of the Riddler feels like he could have fit right in the Nolan films. There's also the gritty, grounded tone the film has. Outside of Batman Begins, the Dark Knight films and Reeve's Batman film are less over the top and more grounded, more real feeling. . .as real feeling as a movie about Batman can be.

I kinda wish Gotham was more......gothic arty feeling. I grew up with the 90s cartoon before I ever ventured into the live action films,

It is not a bad film, I just wished for a dark, more gothic feeling Batman. Something the first three original Batman films and the Arkham games especially succeeded with.

The Arkham games, save for the terrible prequel, are the best Batman media ever. A film trilogy based on them needs to happen at some point.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Jeez. The legs have taken an absolute beating from HBO Max. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s a little annoying. 

It was Warner''s call. Guess they though the money they would make in additional legs is not as important to them as the subscriptions to HBOMax they hope tp pick up.

32 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

The dooming over maybe $3-6m domestic when we're barely talking about the sequel that was just announced yesterday is comical.

Because I don't want a constant situation where shang chi has longer runs in cinemas than the batman. If disney are not doing 45 days for MCU then WB should not too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Because I don't want a constant situation where shang chi has longer runs in cinemas than the batman. If disney are not doing 45 days for MCU then WB should not too.

Maybe the sequel in probably 2025 will have a hugely lengthy theatrical run. Who's to say this early? Clearly WB considers this a big enough commercial and critical success to justify a sequel.

8 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Maybe the sequel in probably 2025 will have a hugely lengthy theatrical run. Who's to say this early? Clearly WB considers this a big enough commercial and critical success to justify a sequel.

Theatrical runs definitely aren’t going to start getting longer. At this point you just have to hope 45 days doesn’t turn into 30 by then. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eric is a furry said:

RIP. The Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams run is one of the most influential Batman runs ever. They took Batman from Batman'66 to The Dark Knight with their run. A lot of haunting and gothic imagery throughout that run. 

My favorite cover (might be a cliche since it will be one of like 3 covers constantly chosen as the best of their run)

xoswl

• Like 5

On 4/27/2022 at 6:39 AM, SupermanLego said:

Is it even going to hit 370 ? HBO literally killed its potential.

True, but it is also the highest streamed movie on HBO MAX by a significant amount, so it was probably worth it to them to have a short window.

• Like 1

HBO Max early release and Doctor Strange premiere just've killed the Bat. -930 theaters this week, -88%(!!!!!!!!) this weekend. I'll have to apologise Bruce Nash from the-numbers, I guess he was right with $369m final dom for the film. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juby said:

HBO Max early release and Doctor Strange premiere just've killed the Bat. -930 theaters this week, -88%(!!!!!!!!) this weekend. I'll have to apologise Bruce Nash from the-numbers, I guess he was right with $369m final dom for the film. :(

DS2 didn't kill it. HBO max slaughtered it......once it hit streaming it halted like crazy.

• Haha 1