Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

46 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Like with Hulk, the first thing I noticed was the lighting too, which was definitely a level above the bland and muddy look of most films shot on digital (less a problem with the format and more a problem with how the filmmakers use it). Also liked how there's some actual texture to the cinematography and it doesn't go for the ultra-sharp look that almost all digitally shot movies go for. 

Greig Fraser is WB’s golden boy now between this and DUNC

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Like with Hulk, the first thing I noticed was the lighting too, which was definitely a level above the bland and muddy look of most films shot on digital (less a problem with the format and more a problem with how the filmmakers use it). Also liked how there's some actual texture to the cinematography and it doesn't go for the ultra-sharp look that almost all digitally shot movies go for. 

I agree, the thing I always look for in a digitally shot film is texture (Wether in colour, production design, framing, lenses, blocking. everything), the image should have character, something that comes more naturally when shooting on film. 

Zero Dark Thirty is probably one of my favourite looking digital films, it never resorted to looking washed out or lacking depth despite being based of real-life and very serious, the lighting and grading is pitch perfect. Rogue One as well used a lot of older lenses to get that classically cinematic look as opposed to that ultra-sharp DSLR-esque look you mentioned that you see so often. 

So I reckon Fraser's pretty well versed and has all the tools at his disposal. This is the first Batman film to be shot entirely digital and it's looking great so far. 

Edited by FilmFincher
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, FilmFincher said:

I agree, the thing I always look for in a digitally shot film is texture (Wether in colour, production design, framing, lenses, blocking. everything), the image should have character, something that comes more naturally when shooting on film. 

Zero Dark Thirty is probably one of my favourite looking digital films, it never resorted to looking washed out or lacking depth despite being based of real-life and very serious, the lighting and grading is pitch perfect. Rogue One as well used a lot of older lenses to get that classically cinematic look as opposed to that ultra-sharp DSLR-esque look you mentioned that you see so often. 

So I reckon Fraser's pretty well versed and has all the tools at his disposal. This is the first Batman film to be shot entirely digital and it's looking great so far. 

I also thnk digitial equipment is getting better.

But I still think film is better.Someday Digital will be as good as film, but that is still in the future.

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Meh. They can easily adapt that without a lot of elements/adding others in. 

I Can't think of a major plotline taken from the comics that the movie or TV version has not made some drastic changes.

I give you what Marvel Studios did with the "Civil War" plotline and DC with the "Death of Superman" plotlines as examples.

• Like 1

The best movie trailer since the second Infinity War trailer (march 2018) for me!

Love it (I'll give a chance even this awful Bat-cowl and Wright as Gordon). Finally Batman non-action film, but a detective movie! It looks like a Batman I've been waiting for, for a long time. Easily most anticipated film of 2021 for me. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Juby

6 hours ago, Juby said:

The best movie trailer since the second Infinity War trailer (march 2018) for me!

Love it (I'll give a chance even this awful Bat-cowl and Wright as Gordon). 

He's literally vibing Gordon left, right and centre in that trailer. Why do some of ya'll insist on going out of your way to expose yourselves like this? 🙄 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2020 at 2:43 AM, cax16 said:

This is the same thing I said in the other thread. It’s not really comparable anymore.

Also, people have to remember that the initial first run of trailer views for this were done on the live stream on Fandome.com, but either way it doesn’t really matter.

All you have to do is look at trailer views for Aquaman( which had ok trailer views) and broke out big (especially overseas).

This will do very well if they maintain this hype and Reeves does what it seems like he’ll do with this. 

Also, the FilmSelect account has racked up near 4M views for the trailer on their channel. There are other unofficial channels like KinoCheck and JoBlo that have 600K views on an average. When I search for the trailer, the official channel appears third. The views are incredibly diluted.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

He's literally vibing Gordon left, right and centre in that trailer. Why do some of ya'll insist on going out of your way to expose yourselves like this? 🙄 

Hang on, lemme try for their explanation...see if I get it.

Ahem... "I have nothing against it, I just hate it when ESTABLISHED characters get gender/race swapped!"

WTF does "established" even mean? Before 1865, slavery was an "established" practice, as it had been for centuries. Should they have been like "Nah, that's good, no need for emancipation. It's all ESTABLISHED"

These characters were, by and large, created decades ago (in most cases during segregation) so white, male, straight was the default, both through societal norms and through the codes put in place for the industry. They were written as a reflection of their times and  imperfect from that respect and subject to criticism and yes, even change. Like, fuckin' get over it already.

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jeffrey Wright looks great as Gordon. He's got the same kind of world weariness of Gordon from the Animated Series that Oldman/Simmons felt too spry for, and with the hair piece he looks perfect.

and that vooooiiiiiiceeee :bourne:

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Also, the FilmSelect account has racked up near 4M views for the trailer on their channel. There are other unofficial channels like KinoCheck and JoBlo that have 600K views on an average. When I search for the trailer, the official channel appears third. The views are incredibly diluted.

The likes are also very diluted 

The official trailer have 714k, but it also have +100k likes on FilmSelect, DC Account, Movieclips...

It would be easily with +1M likes already if they’re concentrated in WB Account

• Like 1

rewatched the trailer a couple of times, I think i'm gonna dislike Paul Dano's Riddler who just sounds like a discount Joker. 

also I dont think i got the point of the last shot either, why did he have to punch that thug 13 times? is it because this batman is still in year 2 so he doesn't have that much strength and a single or double punch isn't enough to knock someone down? 

• ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1