Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

19 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

This being the first major CBM after almost 3 months (when it comes out) will juice the numbers even more. At the moment I'm thinking somewhere between $135-175m OW. 

13 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

$135-175m DOM OW
$350-450m DOM Total 
$500-700m OS-China
$75-125m China (if it gets a release)

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Thinking The Batman will likely be third behind Wakanda Forever and Avatar 2 domestically, maybe something like $150m-$175m/$420m-$475m, the hype seems more there than before.

It will be A LOT. Thats all I know. 

Just now, Momori said:

The Batman is definitely going to please the critics WAY more than NWH that's for sure. I can already see the "Too many villains to roll" and such comments from the critics coming. The audience tho is a different story. I can 100% see The Batman being the better movie but NWH being the more loved for obvious reason. Only time will tell.  

For sure. This movie atleast has some identity. 

NWH looks weird and uncanny. That first trailer was so uninspired and messy 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Is this gonna be one of those movies where the main character is overshadowed by supporting actors? RPatz is being dominated in the trailer....he's not owning it

Honestly, Batman is the least interesting part of his own movies in my opinion.  The Joker and Harvey Dent own The Dark Knight, not Bruce Wayne.

This actually looks pretty good, I'm diggin the David Fincher vibes.

5 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I agree and I'm not really convinced about Raimi delivering what people are expecting. But for now I would say that it will gross more than Batman. MCU Fans eat everything, from the best to the worst. They really don't care.

We shall see. In 6-9 month's time (depending on the strike), this debate will be settled. 

I'm fairly certain that Batman will be come out on top of the hill.  

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

For sure. This movie atleast has some identity. 

NWH looks weird and uncanny. That first trailer was so uninspired and messy 

I haven't watched HC nor FFH in theatres because I'm not really a big MCU Spider-Man fan. Not at all. I'm going to watch NWH for Tobey Maguire and the returning Raimi villains with Andrew on the side. Tobey was my childhood and to this day is my Spider-Man. I already know as soon as I see Tobey it's a Game Over for me. But I'd be lying if I said that NWH is going to be a better movie than 'The Batman' because Marvel and Sony have Micky Mouse writers for NWH. 

Edited by Momori

LOL people who think NWH is going to get worse reviews than The Batman. Critics favor Marvel. NWH is poised to get "best MCU movie evah" reviews for having 3 Spidermen in it. Just watch. Also, remember that number of critics tried to sink Joker by screaming that it would instigate mass shootings and calling it an incel movie. So yeah, keep betting on the Bats against Spidey. I can't wait to collect my money. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

LOL people who think NWH is going to get worse reviews than The Batman. Critics favor Marvel. NWH is poised to get "best MCU movie evah" reviews for having 3 Spidermen in it. Just watch. Also, remember that number of critics tried to sink Joker by screaming that it would instigate mass shootings and calling it an incel movie. So yeah, keep betting on the Bats against Spidey. I can't wait to collect my money. 

There will be no problematic takes this time compared to The Joker. This movie will get great reviews. I'm convinced the movie will be good. Looks more a contained , focused, grounded story.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sure that the debate is Batman vs DS2.

well lets not make this a marvel vs dc thread, we have no idea about the quality of both movies to say that batman is going to be better than spiderman is as stupid as to say that spidey will be better than batman..... finish this and move on

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah that was embarrassing by the media leading up to Joker. They were so desperately trying to create something potentially horrible out of nothing. I remember reading about guys who rented out whole theatres for themselves and some friends because they wanted to feel safe from incels. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Batman has Matt Reeves. Enough said.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I wasn't really following the Movie/Box Office/Cinema scene back then but I really see The Batman having better reviews than NWH even though nothing coming in 2022 and 2023 will beat NWH for me since Tobey is in it.

Moderation

@Momori, you're new here, so I understand you might not know the rules, but we don't do this Marvel vs. DC stuff anymore unless it's absolutely necessary (box office comparisons for instance). Going into some random tangent about whether critics or audiences will like No Way Home over The Batman is just going to lead to lengthy, tiresome arguments and infighting amongst the forum. Next time, please be careful. It's best to just say "The Batman looks good/bad" and that's that.