Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

Moderation

@Momori, you're new here, so I understand you might not know the rules, but we don't do this Marvel vs. DC stuff anymore unless it's absolutely necessary (box office comparisons for instance). Going into some random tangent about whether critics or audiences will like No Way Home over The Batman is just going to lead to lengthy, tiresome arguments and infighting amongst the forum. Next time, please be careful. It's best to just say "The Batman looks good/bad" and that's that.

My apologies. 

I didn't know it was possible to get particularly excited for any superhero movie again, but this movie really might be doing it - though would have preferred a little more emphasis on the main Riddler mystery than all the villains. 

5 minutes ago, Val357 said:

So $166M is the biggest opening weekend for a Batman movie or a movie featuring Batman (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice).

The Batman O/U?

Adjust for inflation and 3D...

3 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Why are we are comparing No Way Home and The Batman? lol

Two movies with completely different vibes. 

I’ll just watch both and be a very happy comic book fan, I don’t care what makes more or has a higher RT score. 

5 minutes ago, Val357 said:

So $166M is the biggest opening weekend for a Batman movie or a movie featuring Batman (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice).

The Batman O/U?

Officially I'm going under on that for now, but I think there's a shot. For the time being I'm thinking in the $140's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

For the first time ever, I am genuinely interested in watching a Batman movie in the theater. The Chris Nolan films are overrated.

I find the Chris Nolan trilogy is really, really good in and of itself. They were Christopher Nolan movies with Batman in them. But as Batman movies we may still be looking for THE definitive big screen adaptation. The Matt Reeves films (plural because I'm 99.99999% sure we'll be seeing more) could be it. Like ripping the comics off the page.

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

After the success of Joker, I always felt this movie could blow up. Batman and his world just has a massive fan base.

Yep, especially when they get the tone right. We got the cheesy, cartoony angle of Batman. We got Chris Nolan's version. With Joker we saw the box office potential of a very raw, borderline adult comic-like world of Gotham. I think audiences might be really ready for that.

11 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Why are we are comparing No Way Home and The Batman? lol

Two movies with completely different vibes. 

They are expected to be the biggest hits of their respective universes, that's why. Though I disagree, I think Aquaman 2 is going to make more than The Batman. it was insanely big OS, 800M. That cannot be discounted. 

EDIT: Posted before seeing Mod's post. 

Edited by Valonqar