Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Im convinced that Matt Reeves is physically uncapable of making a movie that does NOT look amazing.

I didnt care at all for the DCEU movies (safe for Aquaman, that was hilarious), but im there first day for this one. The first CBM im hyped for since Endgame lol.

This might be an unpopular take but I thought this trailer was just...fine? I'm not the biggest Batman fan but it looks cool at least. And I have to disagree with people saying this is making a billion, unfortunately I don't think the general audience is sold on Pattison yet. Outside of film buffs/critics I don't think he has that "butts in seats" pull yet, the same could be said for the rest of the cast here. That being said I do think this movie will be good, just not a massive hit like some are hyping it up to be.

• ...wtf 2

Batman and Spider-man are the biggest individual heroes in film. It is ok to debate which has better box office prospects. Spider-man has more kid and family appeal but batman had stronger appeal to teens and young adults. At their peak within the last 2 decades, their films are right up for the #2 most hyped film of the timeframe behind ENDGAME.

Spidey 1/ Spidey 3/TDK/TDKR with inflation, 3D, modern economics etc are all opening in the $300m range. Their hype was nuts. 

Just now, clockwork said:

This might be an unpopular take but I thought this trailer was just...fine? I'm not the biggest Batman fan but it looks cool at least. And I have to disagree with people saying this is making a billion, unfortunately I don't think the general audience is sold on Pattison yet. Outside of film buffs/critics I don't think he has that "butts in seats" pull yet, the same could be said for the rest of the cast here. That being said I do think this movie will be good, just not a massive hit like some are hyping it up to be.

i prefered the first one personally

Excellent trailer, this will be so good.

Everyone looks good but finally Batman himself seems great too. He is supposed to be this moody hard to control character.

Every single movie before try to make him more heroic and brighter, probably that's why in every movie he was overshadowed by the villains. This time i feel he will be on pair with the villains, Pattinson does look like he's trying to control a beast the whole time and his eyes screams "i'm problematic as fuck", no wonder why pretty much everyone is so happy with him.

4 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Joaquin Phoenix wasn’t exactly known for putting “butts in the seat” either, but we saw what happened. 

2 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I think the first one is better edited, personally.

Still, the hype for this was absolutely huge last trailer and it's the same right now, it's everywhere and with excellent responses. Nothing suggests that GP isn't sold yet or the movie lacking interest. 

It's definitely early to talk about a billion, but the trailers numbers suggest it's very possible.

For me I actually think it's part of Batman's character that yes he has rage and anger but it's done in a controlled manner due to his training and discipline so he doesn't lower himself to the ways of the criminals.

However if they are going with a less controlled Batman here I'm fine since 

a. Let creators have their own run at it

b. Year 2 for a Batman

12 hours ago, clockwork said:

Outside of film buffs/critics I don't think he has that "butts in seats" pull yet, 

The hype for him on social media doesn't just seem to be film buffs and critics. The Twilight crowd seems to be rallying like crazy on social media. Add to that CBM/Bat fanbase. This could be one of those Emma Watson as Belle in Beauty and the Beast situations where a fanbase of an IP doesn't turn up for an actor's subsequent movies except for the time he/she takes on another major IP.

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

The hype for him on social media doesn't just seem to be film buffs and critics. The Twilight crowd seems to be rallying like crazy on social media.

They are doing the same with Kristen Stewart for Spencer , but that movie will bomb badly