Jump to content
Eric Dielman

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | Comes to HBO Max April 18!

Recommended Posts

If you're having problem with the colors, i recommend watching it in another platform with colors better balanced (Matt posted a link to 4K Vimeo version on his twitter).

 

YouTube have a serious problem with the compression, it doesn't present the best quality image possible and also make the colors a bit darker, for movies that isn't colorful it's not good looking.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not this “too dark” thing again, ha. 
 

I think it’s funny that a film that looks like this, has Lego sets. Children are going to be confused lol. 


Can’t wait for the Happy Meals!

 

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If you're having problem with the colors, i recommend watching it in another platform with colors better balanced (Matt posted a link to 4K Vimeo version on his twitter).

 

YouTube have a serious problem with the compression, it doesn't present the best quality image possible and also make the colors a bit darker, for movies that isn't colorful it's not good looking.

This did look extremely bad on YouTube yesterday, very blocky and low resolution despite allegedly being 1080p. Have YouTube lowered their streaming quality lately or something?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If you're having problem with the colors, i recommend watching it in another platform with colors better balanced (Matt posted a link to 4K Vimeo version on his twitter).

 

YouTube have a serious problem with the compression, it doesn't present the best quality image possible and also make the colors a bit darker, for movies that isn't colorful it's not good looking.

 

Youtube can look pretty great, too, including 4k, but for whatever reason they don't take advantage of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:


Can’t wait for the Happy Meals!

 

This did look extremely bad on YouTube yesterday, very blocky and low resolution despite allegedly being 1080p. Have YouTube lowered their streaming quality lately or something?

They did, is becoming very common this situations of trailers looking bad there (Eternals also have people finding the colors too grey but it doesn't look this way on iTunes etc). YouTube compression system works well overall for normal videos, but trailers demand more.

 

Just don't know why this happened, maybe because this way doesn't require great internet connection to see on 1080p.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is the Batman too dark? Lol. If you want to see dark, look at that dismal Flash trailer. Are Hollywood movies so poorly lit and blandly blocked that viewers have grown accustomed to it? 

 

The fire scene, the sunrise scene, Penguin looking out the window? All are wonderfully colored images. Much more color and texture than the Snyder films. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

They did, is becoming very common this situations of trailers looking bad there (Eternals also have people finding the colors too grey but it doesn't look this way on iTunes etc). YouTube compression system works well overall for normal videos, but trailers demand more.

 

Just don't know why this happened, maybe because this way doesn't require great internet connection to see on 1080p.

I think it’s partly because many trailers are designed to also appear as ads before other youtube videos, and the last thing both youtube and the viewer wants is having to load a whole other full-seized video before the main one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I think it’s partly because many trailers are designed to also appear as ads before other youtube videos, and the last thing both youtube and the viewer wants is having to load a whole other full-seized video before the main one.

Yeah that would be a good excuse too.

 

But they really should solve this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the footage looks great, I love the red and black color palette. There's no doubt that this is going to be a very good looking movie. 

 

The trailer reminds me what he did with the Planet of the Apes movies he directed. He seems to have carved out a lane for dark, grounded big budget franchise stuff. I liked those PotA movies (War especially, seemed like he figured out how to finally add some fun into the story with that one) but don't love them, I hope this Batman movie is better. I think the big thing he needs to work on is character and dialogue and these trailers don't give much of an impression of either of those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Not this “too dark” thing again, ha. 
 

I think it’s funny that a film that looks like this, has Lego sets. Children are going to be confused lol. 

Funny, back in 1972 a lot of complains that the photography in  "The Godfather" was too dark, now the cinematogrphy in "The Godfather"is considered a Hollywood landmark that has a huge influence on how films are photographed.

Good trailer. I have some concerns they might be trying to cram to much into one movie..( a flaw with many comic book movies)..Three out and out villians,Riddler, Penguin and the Falcone Family (The GOtham branch of the Mafia) and one Anti Heorirne but interseting to see if Reeves can juggle all this stuff.

And glad to see that Batman might ac tually have a mystery to solve...soemthing that does not happen enough. He is supposdely the world's best detective, but he does not get a chance to detest that often....

Now convinced this will be more a film noir crime thriller with Batman as a central charecter then a normal Batman movie...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just rewatched the trailer on my TV (watched it on phone earlier) and I stand by my earlier comment regarding darkness.

 

I'm sure it will be fine in the cinema. But on youtube, films that are really dark, just look crap. Lots of details that you can't make out at all. Just appears really poorly lit. Youtube compression sucks particularly in dark videos.

 

Also... andy serkis as alfred! is awesome. I wasn't aware of that casting choice before.

Edited by Avatree
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Good trailer. I have some concerns they might be trying to cram to much into one movie..( a flaw with many comic book movies)..Three out and out villians,Riddler, Penguin and the Falcone Family (The GOtham branch of the Mafia) and one Anti Heorirne but interseting to see if Reeves can juggle all this stuff.

 

I like this aspect about the trailer actually. It makes Gotham feel like its own world with many villains that are just a part of the setting. I'm sure the Riddler will be the main star of the villains with the others just playing roles in the plot. I don't see Catwoman being an issue in overstuffing since she won't really be a villain anyway. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.