Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Within the last hour or so, the 2021 DC FanDome trailer passed the 2020 DC FanDome trailer in likes.

2020 Trailer: 1,004,120 likes (23,567 dislikes) (35,398,145 views)

2021 Trailer: 1,004,142 likes (23,182 dislikes) (33,052,100 views)

Pretty remarkable for a second trailer to pass the first in likes, from what I understand.  But like @Menor said, perhaps the year gap + the distance still to go 'till The Batman bows had something to do with this.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

On 11/24/2021 at 11:52 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I think BO will still be sub optimal but as long as reviews are strong I am happy and looking forward to seeing it in Dolby. 

Hopefully the critics won't be turn off by how brutal Riddler is going to be in this movie. I've read some stuff about what he is going to do with his victims. Like, I'm surprise this is going to be PG13 kind of stuff. 

You’ve made this far into the newsletter and you know what? You deserve a treat. Last month, the internet went a little crazy about Barry Keoghan maybe, maybe not, playing the Joker in Matt Reeves’ upcoming The Batman.

Don’t look to us to answers on that one. But we can tell you this: Multiple sources tell us that Warner Bros. has been testing two different cuts of The Batman, one with a certain actor, one without. And the final test screening occurred last week, with the decision now made as to which version the studio likes, says one source.

Just now, Menor said:

Don't know why people are predicting so low. The hype is there for this. 350 should be the floor domestically. 

This will not break out so big imo. I have it UNDER 300M (270M to be exact and that if Omicron doesn't do too much damage). It's yet another reboot after so little time passed.

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This will not break out so big imo. I have it UNDER 300M (270M to be exact and that if Omicron doesn't do too much damage). It's yet another reboot after so little time passed.

Maybe, but both trailers were big, and it performs well in tracking and basically any hype metric you want. As long as it's well-received, it will do well. My low-end prediction of 350 is already factoring in quite a bit of damage from Covid+franchise fatigue, Batman movies have record-breaking potential. Only way I can see yours happening is if either Omicron gets utterly awful or the film is reviled. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3