Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 hours ago, 21C said:

The Batman is not a smaller movie, it's the biggest movie after NWH, Batman is right next to Spider-Man as the most popular superhero. It'd need a worse variant than Omicron to move when NWH has shown that right now people are willing to go to the theatres. Granted, not as many people will go to The Batman as they're going to NWH, but it doesn't need them to. 

Moving it more would be a gamble anyway since who's to say a worse variant doesn't show up during that time? The fact that NWH is doing so well right now has pretty much cemented the fact that Batman will stay where it's at. 

Another thing is that its release date is perfectly set right now in terms of legs. It has 5 weeks without any competititon.

The problem is not the variant itself, i'm sure most people don't care at this point even if it's 750% more transmissible.

The problem is if restrictions happen. If most theaters reduce capacity from 100% to 50% this will be a huge problem to deal with, and like it or not, could be enough for a delay since it will hurt the box office.

I'm not saying it will happen, but keep on denial and say it's impossible after 2 years of a really unpredictable environment is hilarious.

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The problem is not the variant itself, i'm sure most people don't care at this point even if it's 750% more transmissible.

The problem is if restrictions happen. If most theaters reduce capacity from 100% to 50% this will be a huge problem to deal with, and like it or not, could be enough for a delay since it will hurt the box office.

I'm not saying it will happen, but keep on denial and say it's impossible after 2 years of a really unpredictable environment is hilarious.

I don't think there's much political will left on a lot of countries to do these types of mass restrictions everywhere anymore to be honest especially with the majority of people on a lot of territories being fully vaccinated with that number growing each month. At least not for a variant like Omicron, if there came a worse one maybe.

I know that at the very least in the US there seems to be pretty much zero, and for that alone The Batman would it stay on its release date because Batman has always done well domestically.

Edited by 21C

2 hours ago, 21C said:

I don't think there's much political will left on a lot of countries to do these types of mass restrictions everywhere anymore to be honest especially with the majority of people on a lot of territories being fully vaccinated with that number growing each month. At least not for a variant like Omicron, if there came a worse one maybe.

I know that at the very least in the US there seems to be pretty much zero, and for that alone The Batman would it stay on its release date because Batman has always done well domestically.

The political will for more Covid restrictions seems to be gone. This might well bite us in the ass in the end, but it is what it is.

Unless there is new and deadly varient, given how well Spidey NWH is doing, Batman will not move.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/the-batman-standalone-movie-robert-pattinson-map-go-next-exclusive/

The Batman Is A ‘Standalone’ Movie, But Robert Pattinson Has A ‘Map’ Of Where He’d Go Next – Exclusive

"Standalone"

Yeah sure buddy.

5 hours ago, GoblinXXR said:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/the-batman-standalone-movie-robert-pattinson-map-go-next-exclusive/

The Batman Is A ‘Standalone’ Movie, But Robert Pattinson Has A ‘Map’ Of Where He’d Go Next – Exclusive

I wish.

I would be very happy if there weren't any after credits scenes or whatnot. I really hate when they try to connect the Batman universe with other superheroes and expanded universes. I hated it in the comics, I hate it even more in the movies. I only really worked in The Dark Knight Returns, and that was at the expense of the Superman character and in an almost Elseworlds setting.

Please keep the Batman universe self contained. It's how it works best. It's how it makes the most narrative sense

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I wish.

I would be very happy if there weren't any after credits scenes or whatnot. I really hate when they try to connect the Batman universe with other superheroes and expanded universes. I hated it in the comics, I hate it even more in the movies. I only really worked in The Dark Knight Returns, and that was at the expense of the Superman character and in an almost Elseworlds setting.

Please keep the Batman universe self contained. It's how it works best. It's how it makes the most narrative sense

It was always said that The Batman will be elseworld. But we know that JL characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash at least exist on his earth, according to set pics of a Halloween party.

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

But we know that JL characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash at least exist on his earth, according to set pics of a Halloween party.

They might be fictional characters in The Batman universe

• Like 1

I am hoping that these could very well just be inside references, for now... Maybe Metropolis exists...kids "pointing to the sky looking for you-know-who" could mean any number of things...and the Halloween costumes could indeed refer to fictional characters...like in our world...or perhaps these other characters are just "rumored to exist" with random sightings over the years.  

Regardless, we don't need any of them right now in this Gotham.  I hope it just gets back to basics.  

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

It was always said that The Batman will be elseworld. But we know that JL characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash at least exist on his earth, according to set pics of a Halloween party.

Edited by Macleod