Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

This dude is friends with one of the executive producers of the film, Michael Uslan.

The film really is 2 hours and 55 minutes.

Also I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say that rather than this being a detriment to its box office, it'll help it even more. This would make this the second longest superhero film just behind Avengers Endgame, and I feel that if the film is well received, the runtime would just make people more curious. It further emphasizes it as an event instead of just a Batman movie, which is more important than ever in these times. 

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If this movie really is 175 minutes long, then I’m genuinely impressed that WB allowed Reeves to do that, considering what they did with BvS and JL. Then again, that was under Kevin Tsujihara.

EG showed you could haveca 3 hour SH movie and still make bank. Actually, a lot of successful movies tend to be longer: Titanic, LOTR trilogy, Avatar at more than 2.45 hours. Studios need to remember that more

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

If it's a good film then it's a good film regardless I guess, but I'm way past getting excitied at the prospect of 2.5 hour+ genre movies. If they announced it was 90 minutes I'd think 'wow, good for them!'

yes. so many tentpoles don't justify their 120+ runtime.

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

If it's a good film then it's a good film regardless I guess, but I'm way past getting excitied at the prospect of 2.5 hour+ genre movies. If they announced it was 90 minutes I'd think 'wow, good for them!'

Yea I don’t understand why people get hyped over runtimes. 

Theres no such thing as a movie being too long if it remains meaty and focused.  I think the easiest examples of long movies that don't have any fat on them would be the theatrical versions of the LOTR movies.  On the flip side, The Irishman is about 30-40 minutes too long and Justice League is about 4 hours too long.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

31 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Theres no such thing as a movie being too long if it remains meaty and focused.  I think the easiest examples of long movies that don't have any fat on them would be the theatrical versions of the LOTR movies.  On the flip side, The Irishman is about 30-40 minutes too long and Justice League is about 4 hours too long.

I really enjoyed ZSJL but yeah, that was a good one. 👏

8 minutes ago, thesmoothknight said:

I don’t really care about run time as long as the movie is good but I’m glad it’s confirmed now so we don’t  get another 100 posts speculating how long the movie is. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3