Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don’t really care about run time as long as the movie is good but I’m glad it’s confirmed now so we don’t  get another 100 posts speculating how long the movie is. 

Yup. With literally nothing releasing both before and after this movie for almost 3-4 weeks on either side of release, the runtime won't hurt showings as theaters have literally nothing else to play. All studios likely felt Omicron would be bigger than it ended up being, so Batman pretty much gets to be the only big movie in the first 3 months of the year.

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yup. With literally nothing releasing both before and after this movie for almost 3-4 weeks on either side of release, the runtime won't hurt showings as theaters have literally nothing else to play. All studios likely felt Omicron would be bigger than it ended up being, so Batman pretty much gets to be the only big movie in the first 3 months of the year.

I'm telling you guys, the runtime is only gonna help with making general audience more curious about the movie if it gets good reviews. It's gonna blow up. Even people complaining about it now are gonna end up watching with good word of mouth.

Edited by 21C

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ya, as long as the movie is received well by the GA then runtime/screens won’t be an issue. We’ll see what happens. 

In a way it's a good thing this is going to be virtually competition-free for almost a month because the long running time means that each screen will only get to play it a certain number of times per day and will hold onto the bigger theaters for a few weeks due to each show filling up. It would've had to shuffle some screens around a bit in its second week if Turning Red hadn't decided to bypass theaters.

10 minutes ago, 21C said:

I'm telling you guys, the runtime is only gonna help with making general audience more curious about the movie if it gets good reviews. It's gonna blow up. Even people complaining about it now are gonna end up watching with good word of mouth.

Pretty much, everything now is review dependent. If the reviews are good, this will blow up in a big way.

Can't believe even VARIETY has jumped on this "without credits" mumbo-jumbo.  The runtime of the film is 2:55, period.  The credits include all the people who actually made the movie, so yes, they're important and "part of the film."  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 7

Spoiler

Yes, his participation changed a lot during the post production, but he is part of the third act on the last test screening, and his scene make people going crazy from what i read, so it's probably in the final movie this way.

1 minute ago, JonahVex said:
  Hide contents

i read somewhere that one of the test screenings only have him show up in the post credits