Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

19 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

rewatched the trailer a couple of times, I think i'm gonna dislike Paul Dano's Riddler who just sounds like a discount Joker. 

also I dont think i got the point of the last shot either, why did he have to punch that thug 13 times? is it because this batman is still in year 2 so he doesn't have that much strength and a single or double punch isn't enough to knock someone down? 

If I had to guess and I could be wrong, Maybe it’s cause he’s approaching a big group of guys so he wanted to set an example so the others wouldn’t attack him as well.  I guess we’ll see when we watch the movie or in another trailer. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

If I had to guess and I could be wrong, Maybe it’s cause he’s approaching a big group of guys so he wanted to set an example so the others wouldn’t attack him as well.  I guess we’ll see when we watch the movie or in another trailer. 

Maybe he just had a very bad day and wanted to blow off some steam. Doesn't sound like something Batman would do but then again he is still figuring the whole thing out. He is still...only human.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RealLyre said:

rewatched the trailer a couple of times, I think i'm gonna dislike Paul Dano's Riddler who just sounds like a discount Joker. 

also I dont think i got the point of the last shot either, why did he have to punch that thug 13 times? is it because this batman is still in year 2 so he doesn't have that much strength and a single or double punch isn't enough to knock someone down? 

I just got the impression this Batman wasn’t messing around. 

They’ll probably be pushing the PG13 as far as it goes. 

• Like 2

Robert Pattinson as Batman is just doing it for me on all levels.

I like the trailer. I think it's overly simplistic to say that this is just another dark batman movie. Burton's take and Nolan's take on Batman were distinct. Likewise, this feels like it has its own style and point of view. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 6

I'm guessing the film will go out of its way to explore the problematic side of batman and then a bunch of people on twitter will write 'batman is problematic' like it was their idea to tens of thousands of RTs.

Edited by Hatebox

19 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

He's literally vibing Gordon left, right and centre in that trailer. Why do some of ya'll insist on going out of your way to expose yourselves like this? 🙄 

Sorry, but what's your problem here? I didn't like the idea of Jeffrey Wright being cast as Gordon just because he was(is) Felix in Bond films, which for me was always some kind of Gordon-like character in the Bond franchise. And the new Bond film and the new Batman are separated less than a year in release calendar. But after this teaser, I'll give him a chance (he looks fine).

Stop assuming that everyone are racists.

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yeah it was genius in WB's part. If only they were that smart when it come to bringing back Cavill.

I'm positive they will - but they haven't managed to finalize everything yet. And any movie currently in active development where he could fit in (i.e. Shazam 2 or Black Adam, or The Flash) are still a long way from starting production, so plenty more opportunities to have him back.

Hell, imagine everything gets back to normal next year, but they still do their own event - but with a few more live panels, some crowds, etc - and have him present.

I'm quite optimistic about his return.

Also, what I would like to see with any "Fandome" like event - keep it free access, stream everything, but have a handful of live panels. Assuming their productions will be in full swing on 1-2 DC movies, have an open set as the backdrop. Say they're filming something in Leavesden - have a raffle for a couple hundred tickets for London/UK area to attend for free. Same if they film something Sate-side. And have some live interaction with fans, while still allowing for streaming everything.

• Like 5

The trailer has now surpassed 23 million views. It's the most viewed trailer for a solo CBM on Twitter ("The Batman" account only).

#1 The Batman - 23 million (4 days)

#2 Black Widow - 22.3 million (first trailer)

#3 Far from Home - 19 million (first trailer)

#4 Joker - 18.5 million (final trailer)

#5 Far from Home - 18.1 million (second trailer)

#6 Captain Marvel - 11.1 million (second trailer)

#7 Wonder Woman 1984 - 10.7 million (first trailer)

#8 Captain Marvel - 10.1 million (first trailer)

Endgame - 25.7 million (second trailer)

I think I didn't missed anyone.

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 35MM-18 said:

I wonder if it has a chance at surpassing this record, or would that be overestimation?

I don't know. Trailers on Twitter usually get all the numbers in one week only.

Wonder Woman 1984 first trailer did 9.7 million views in one week and now is at 10.7 million. That's 1 million more in 8 months.

The Warner Bros Brasil post has 2.5 million views.

7 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I don't know. Trailers on Twitter usually get all the numbers in one week only.

Wonder Woman 1984 first trailer did 9.7 million views in one week and now is at 10.7 million. That's 1 million more in 8 months.

The Warner Bros Brasil post has 2.5 million views.

Ya it performed very well on Twitter,

especially when you factor in that the trailer launched from the Batman page that had like no followers.

Also when you consider Fandome had 22 million views over 24 hours I’d have to guess the majority of those views came in the initial first run of Fandome so all and all the trailer did very well.

I’m not someone that buys the YouTube views are more relevant then the twitter ones, especially when you factor in the like count on Twitter. 

And on YouTube it’s actually done fine as well consider how many views it had from the initial run on Fandome plus the 19m(?) it had on Twitter in the first 24 hours.

The top channels on YouTube are still right around 50m views now so again, overall I’d say it’s done well to creative hype for the movie.