Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

21 hours ago, JonahVex said:

Surprised this movie hasn't had full leaks like the nwh and ds2

It seems WB is taking a different approach to drive up hype: secrecy. while Disney let leaks happen to hype up the movie. Disney has been successful, it remains to be seen if WB chose the right approach. The only thing leaking about The Batman is its supposed high quality.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It seems WB is taking a different approach to drive up hype: secrecy. while Disney let leaks happen to hype up the movie. Disney has been successful, it remains to be seen if WB chose the right approach. The only thing leaking about The Batman is its supposed high quality.

What makes you think they *let* them happen?

• Like 1

$100-150M OW I'm thinking. $300-400M total depending on critical/audience reception. I know that isn't a very specific range, I can't imagine a super low gross but I'm skeptical on how much higher it will get. More specifically right now I'm thinking $120/350 but that could change.

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

What makes you think they *let* them happen?

I mean, seriously? Don't you find it strange that these leaks happened only to Marvel proprieties? WB has a new huge film in the The Batman and no major leaks. And supposedly Marvel tests inhouse. I think it's a new form of marketing and it's working for them. Dr Strange is following the same pattern

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I mean, seriously? Don't you find it strange that these leaks happened only to Marvel proprieties? WB has a new huge film in the The Batman and no major leaks. And supposedly Marvel tests inhouse. I think it's a new form of marketing and it's working for them. Dr Strange is following the same pattern

I think it's just that the MCU is way more popular so it gets more eyes on it. The Batman is just another reboot with no connection to any other properties so I doubt there's anything too major there in terms of headlines.

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Leaks happen with DC properties all the time. 

The entire shooting script for JOKER leaked 6 months before release. The entire shooting script for BATMAN BEGINS (yes, a while ago) leaked before shooting even began. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

The Batman already had major leaks including the 3rd act. WW1984 full plot leaked about a year before release. DC has massive leaks all the time. These things happen because these franchises have rabid fanbases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

people already know what happens in the third act. 

Not really. They know major plot device that was given away from the trailer. Thats it.

• Like 2

WB just released a full 2 minutes and 30 second clip for this movie.

Honestly all the marketing this week has seemed to me a little excessive for being 40 days away from the movie. 40 days away from NWH we didn't have this much.

How big do you guys think are the chances that WB might end up moving this movie up? If they really, really wanted to screw Sony over they could wait a week more before revealing they're gonna release the movie on February 24th.

1 hour ago, thesmoothknight said:

WB released an full clip from the movie.

Ok, now I'm interested. The look and feel of this clip isn't like any other superhero movie I can immediately think of.

I noticed the guy Gordon's talking to is in Chernobyle and a few other british tv shows.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1