Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

9 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Again it is, including UK. Just because you don't care about this doesn't mean it's good.

You came quickly to quote me and talk to me about agendas but you are not interested now. 

OT, Wear masks if you are going to be outside in places that could be risky. This is not an agenda, just a little advice.

This Pandemic has really shown alot of people up. 99% of people in the UK wont wear a mask outside, its their choice. The Rock and his whole family just got the virus despite being vigilant with their masks so its silly to assume the lack of a mask is the sole reason RP caught it. 

If people like you get so upset about others personal decisions then do yourself a favour and stay locked home whilst the rest of use keep the world spinning

Awesome trailer btw

Edited by Harry Poppins

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

You're going to see these two headlines a lot: "Film/TV project resumes production" --> "Production halted after someone tests positive for COVID on set"

With companies testing more stringently to get filming to resume this is bound to happen more. 

I don’t get why they don’t wait until next year to film. It’s obvious this won’t disappear, the sooner film studios accept this the better, they can move films around accordingly. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The quality of movies filmed during the pandemic is sure to not be at full potential. So many interruptions is sure gonna affect the final product

I don’t really see why it would, movies and TV are filmed out of sequence all the time, sometimes with scenes filmed months later and added in seamlessly. They’re following a script, not making it up on the fly. Pattinson’s character won’t be in every scene, I’m sure there’s plenty of scenes that they can be filming while he quarantines.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder how much they’ll even be able to film without their lead actor. 

Probably just shooting scenes in which he isn't featured.

Good to see they've found a way to move forward. Shutting a whole production down costs a lot of money too.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I don’t really see why it would, movies and TV are filmed out of sequence all the time, sometimes with scenes filmed months later and added in seamlessly. They’re following a script, not making it up on the fly. Pattinson’s character won’t be in every scene, I’m sure there’s plenty of scenes that they can be filming while he quarantines.

The big question is, how long will Pattinson be required to be in quarantine? When will he be allowed to resume filming his scenes?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-ceo-talks-batman-filming-halt-tenet-theatrical-release-amid-covid-19

Production on The Batman has been halted after a castmember tested positive for COVID-19. It’s been confirmed the person is lead actor Robert Pattinson.

I won’t comment on specifics. We have to protect people’s privacy.

Does what happened to Batman change your thinking about resuming production?

I think we never expected things to go completely smoothly. In fact, as we’ve been getting our protocols ready, we built in contingencies. If someone tests positive, you do contact tracing, you pause, you evaluate, and come back when you can. I think it would have been naïve to think we wouldn’t have certain cases on certain productions. The most important thing is to be ready for when that happens. And we were very much ready.

10 hours ago, Harry Poppins said:

This Pandemic has really shown alot of people up. 99% of people in the UK wont wear a mask outside, its their choice. The Rock and his whole family just got the virus despite being vigilant with their masks so its silly to assume the lack of a mask is the sole reason RP caught it. 

If people like you get so upset about others personal decisions then do yourself a favour and stay locked home whilst the rest of use keep the world spinning

Awesome trailer btw

The level of  ignorance in this post is astonding.

You wear a maske not to protect yourself from the virus..only the professional level masks will do that..but to keep you from spreading the virus to other people...and you do know you can have the virus and not have any symptoms.

So glad you are defending 6the right to spread your diseases to other people., though.

And I still see some people are still living in their own little reality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

it's not so much filing out of sequence...whichis normal for movies and TV..but the stop/start jerkiness that might hurt the final quality of the film.

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t get why they don’t wait until next year to film. It’s obvious this won’t disappear, the sooner film studios accept this the better, they can move films around accordingly. 

I don't think it's as simple as just waiting until next year to commerce filming. There's a lot of logistical issues and also people's livelihoods can't wait that long. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

it's not so much filing out of sequence...whichis normal for movies and TV..but the stop/start jerkiness that might hurt the final quality of the film.

with the rare exception, literally all movies have a "stop/start" production. Film some shots, stop. Film one scene, stop. etc

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I still don’t think it would affect it. I mean just look at Richard Linklater’s Boyhood, they stopped and started filming over the course of years and it never felt like it affected the quality in any negative way. I know that was all planned, but I seriously doubt you’ll notice any jerkiness represented onscreen with the final film, it’s not like any of the actors will have noticeably aged between shutdowns.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

The level of  ignorance in this post is astonding.

You wear a maske not to protect yourself from the virus..only the professional level masks will do that..but to keep you from spreading the virus to other people...and you do know you can have the virus and not have any symptoms.

So glad you are defending 6the right to spread your diseases to other people., though.

And I still see some people are still living in their own little reality.

I know how masks work, i just don't agree with judging people who decide not to wear face coverings 'outside' where it isn't mandatory. Obviously in a shop or crowded area is a different story. We see one photo of RB outside without a mask and people hate. People shouldn't be so easily manipulated that's all