Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

6 minutes ago, Harry Poppins said:

I know how masks work, i just don't agree with judging people who decide not to wear face coverings 'outside' where it isn't mandatory. Obviously in a shop or crowded area is a different story. We see one photo of RB outside without a mask and people hate. People shouldn't be so easily manipulated that's all

I am not usually a judgemental person, but if you don't wear mask you are endangering other people and that ss not good.

And so you should not do the right thing unless it is required by law?

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

You wear a maske not to protect yourself from the virus..only the professional level masks will do that..

I think that it is still a little bit in the air but apparently that a myth (if we do not call simple cheap surgical mask professional level mask),  that show that both the spreader and receiver wearing a mask isn't superior to the spreader alone, even little surgical mask: A randomized trial found that healthcare workers wearing cloth masks were 13 times more likely to contract flu-like illnesses than those wearing surgical masks

https://examine.com/topics/coronavirus-masks/#summary2

13 hours ago, Harry Poppins said:

If people like you get so upset about others personal decisions then do yourself a favour and stay locked home whilst the rest of use keep the world spinning

Wearing a mask is by definition not staying locked home, that said yes wearing it outside is a bit much, but if getting a virus mean a giant insurance claim for your company and your are paid millions for a job, taking extra precaution do seem reasonable to ask.

7 minutes ago, Noctis said:

If studios are intent on filming during these times, then you have to expect the crew to get infected. 

They can choose a location where a NHL like bubble could work (or be lucky), I would expect some crew of some movie to not get infected.

Edited by Barnack

On 9/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, dudalb said:

it's not so much filing out of sequence...whichis normal for movies and TV..but the stop/start jerkiness that might hurt the final quality of the film.

That's how movies film though.  A one and a half minute scene with 5-6 Avengers talking takes a 15-18 hour day to film.  Scarlett says a line focusing on her face, CUT!  Then lets pivot to Chris Pratt reacting to that line and....CUT!  And then lets pivot to RDJ saying "That's not the point" off of Scarlett's line, CUT!  Now let's do the whole thing over from 15 feet away after spending hours blocking that scene and framing the shot and getting lighting right...CUT!  These seamless convos are stop/start to begin with and take forever to film.

Then you have the fact that a film with multiple locations is stop/start to begin with.  We start our movie at Fox Studios Baja in Mexico to film the yacht scene on their giant pool for a month.  Then two week break.  Then we gotta move everybody to Pinewood Toronto to do a bunch of filming in the soundstages and backlot.  Then a little break as we move everybody to Morocco or Jordan to capture the terrain of Mars.  

And then finally this isn't even accounting for delays (like Harrison Ford getting injured during The Force Awakens and them having to pause production for almost a month) or reshoots (where they have to bring everybody back nine months later to film some new scenes because they tested poorly) so you have the same scene and in theory it looks like it was happening seamlessly but some takes are from January and some are from October.

Movies are inherently stop/start.  The skill is making them not look like they are.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, murphydog said:

That's how movies film though.  A one and a half minute scene with 5-6 Avengers talking takes a 15-18 hour day to film.  Scarlett says a line focusing on her face, CUT!  Then lets pivot to Chris Pratt reacting to that line and....CUT!  And then lets pivot to RDJ saying "That's not the point" off of Scarlett's line, CUT!  Now let's do the whole thing over from 15 feet away after spending hours blocking that scene and framing the shot and getting lighting right...CUT!  These seamless convos are stop/start to begin with and take forever to film.

Then you have the fact that a film with multiple locations is stop/start to begin with.  We start our movie at Fox Studios Baja in Mexico to film the yacht scene on their giant pool for a month.  Then two week break.  Then we gotta move everybody to Pinewood Toronto to do a bunch of filming in the soundstages and backlot.  Then a little break as we move everybody to Morocco or Jordan to capture the terrain of Mars.  

And then finally this isn't even accounting for delays (like Harrison Ford getting injured during The Force Awakens and them having to pause production for almost a month) or reshoots (where they have to bring everybody back nine months later to film some new scenes because they tested poorly) so you have the same scene and in theory it looks like it was happening seamlessly but some takes are from January and some are from October.

Movies are inherently stop/start.  The skill is making them not look like they are.

I know   ..when I lived in LA I had enough friends in the business to understand that...but two or three week hatuses are totally different the then usual start stop  of movie making.

5 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Joaquin Phoenix offered whopping $50million deal for two Joker sequels

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/joaquin-phoenix-offered-50million-joker-22672996

(I searched for the Joker thread but I couldn't find it)

I don't know how reliable they are but maybe one of these films could be The Batman 2?

I saw this today but people on Twitter were saying the source is a tabloid newspaper in the uk? I have no idea how credible they are but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true, you know WB is trying to do anything to get JP back for more movies after the first joker. 

Edited by cax16

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/joaquin-phoenix-offered-50million-joker-22672996

I don't know how reliable they are but maybe one of these films could be The Batman 2?

This sounds like BS, but even if it were true, there’s no way he’d show up in this universe. 

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This sounds like BS, but even if it were true, there’s no way he’d show up in this universe. 

To me that sounds logical. Joker was so huge everywhere that its no brainer to make a sequel. That said there is no mention of sequels being part of DCEU universe. But how can they make them without Batman is the question. I dont think they can do another Multi verse movie with another actor playing Batman. Or keep the movie during Batman as kid years and bring in Gordon and others. But I doubt it will have the same hook. 1st time around it was about his origins as agent of chaos. There is nothing new without Batman. In theory they can have Battinson verse being part of Joker verse and make a Batman vs Joker as one of the sequel. But there is nothing new to sell as we have had 2 batman/joker movies(both of which were uber blockbusters) already. It needs a new hook. Plus Joker was R-rated movie. Only Idea I can think off is Killing Joke. 

May be they will create something totally new not even seen in DC comics. 

14 hours ago, cax16 said:

I saw this today but people on Twitter were saying the source is a tabloid newspaper in the uk? I have no idea how credible they are but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true, you know WB is trying to do anything to get JP back for more movies after the first joker. 

If it’s the Mirror, you can pretty much immediately disregard it. When it comes to entertainment news, The Mirror and The Sun are the newspaper equivalent of We Got This Covered.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

If it’s the Mirror, you can pretty much immediately disregard it. When it comes to entertainment news, The Mirror and The Sun are the newspaper equivalent of We Got This Covered.

Except The Sun broke Daniel Craig as Bond.  I always like to remind people of this.  They have their connections; I'm sure the Mirror does, too.  While details may vary, it's pretty hard not to believe that Warner Bros. is willing to offer Phoenix whatever it can for him to return to the role, based on the box office.

Edited by Macleod

On 9/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, belblazer said:

It's the Mirror so it's likely fiction