Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I wouldn't go as far as some on here, but that was a damn good trailer. Feels like Gotham is being captured here in a way that I never felt like it was in previous Batman movies. 

This is coming from a place of the teaser not having done much for me. I wasn't expecting too much and was really impressed by this trailer. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

I'm not hating so don't attack me but...

Are the trailer views for this way less/more muted than expected? I have no comparison (in terms of same timeframe) to the first one but I see that it's Twitter views is at 27M and this one is at less than 5.8M after 6 hours. Obviously it will still increase but given expected pace, this one looks to do about 1/3 less views than the original teaser? 

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I'm not hating so don't attack me but...

Are the trailer views for this way less/more muted than expected? I have no comparison (in terms of same timeframe) to the first one but I see that it's Twitter views is at 27M and this one is at less than 5.8M after 6 hours. Obviously it will still increase but given expected pace, this one looks to do about 1/3 less views than the original teaser? 

It won’t be close to the first one on the official page in views or likes. I don’t know if it’s more spread out this time. I haven’t been following numbers. 

On 8/23/2020 at 1:30 AM, belblazer said:

Youtube - 2,7 million

Youtube (IGN) - 750,000

Twitter (The Batman) - 8,5 million

Twitter (Warner Bros Brasil) - 1,3 million

Twitter (random account) - 275,000

Twitter (Rotten Tomatoes) - 150,000

Facebook (Batman) - 2,6 million

Facebook (Warner Bros. Pictures) - 208,000

Vimeo (Matt Reeves) - 125,000

There's a lot of vids on Youtube with over 100,000 views.

^This was when the teaser was about 9 hours old. Give this one time, views are quite similar.

Edited by excel1

4 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Possibly in the top 5 of 2022. Gonna be a huge year, probably the highest bar for top 5 ever (currently 2019 1.128B)

Actually I misremembered, both 2015 and 2018 had higher bars to enter the top 5!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Actually I misremembered, both 2015 and 2018 had higher bars to enter the top 5!

How could you forget about these fuckers 

Despicable Me Minions GIF

I don't see The Batman making the top 5 worldwide next year but there is nothing wrong with that given the competition. 

• Like 1

That was a hodge-podge trailer. Much weaker than the teaser which got me excited.

Random thoughts:

- The coffee cup question mark made me cringe.

- This is going to be the best-looking SH movie we've had in some time if nothing else.

- Pattinson's psychotic force of nature is probably a good idea after Bale's pragmatist.

- Jury's out on Kravitz. It's not her fault but she's one of those people who'll look 15 until she's 50.

- Bullets bouncing off the batsuit never gets old.

- Farrell is clearly having a lot of fun.

- I hope the final trailer picks a lane.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

12 hours ago, excel1 said:

It is difficult to see why R-rated JOKER would top $1 billion but this won't...

I was gonna say because Joker is bigger than Batman, then thought of doing some search. Seems like India, SEA, Japan and some European markets where Joker fare better than Batman in Google searches. Rest Batman is ahead.

As for trailer. I didn't like it, may be will have to watch it few more times. I prefer first trailer. That was sick, but then even that took a few watches. On screen darkness is such a turn off for me.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1