Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not sure how people thought this first trailer is better. Totally down with this trailer making this movie look like loudest, most oppresive release of next year. Going all in with the spectacle (which looks so good too). The first one just felt obnoxiously self-serious and trying too hard to be a slow-burn thriller flick.

My thoughts exactly. The first trailer just didn't have much that was fun or interesting about it, in fact I hardly even remember what happened in it. This one makes me want to see it opening weekend on a big screen and has several memorable action shots. 

• Like 3

This is trailer oddly edited due to the prolonged changes of characters that come at odd times in the trailer. The Batman/Riddler exchange, Batman/Catwoman exchange, Batman/Alfred exchange, Batman/Penguin exchange 1, and then the 2nd one with the car. It isn't edited all that smoothly in the eyes of trailer experts, frankly. The footage itself is awesome, though. 

Edited by excel1

27 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is trailer oddly edited due to the prolonged changes of characters that come at odd times in the trailer. The Batman/Riddler exchange, Batman/Catwoman exchange, Batman/Alfred exchange, Batman/Penguin exchange 1, and then the 2nd one with the car. It isn't edited all that smoothly in the eyes of trailer experts, frankly. The footage itself is awesome, though. 

WB is seriously starting to lose their edge when it comes to trailers.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Is it true that they are running tv spots during some US games?. I can't find a reliable source.

ye sits true, the tv spot is on wb main youtube page 

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Remember when people thought Wally Pfister was the GOAT cinematographer for some reason and then he deleted himself with Transcendence?

For the better tbh. Hoytema is a better cinematographer. Kinda sad though since I feel like his work on TDKR was extraordinary (and closer to the what Hoytema brought to the next Nolan films than Pfister's previous films). I rewatched the police chase scene from TDKR and just something as simple as a chase scene like this just feels so damn huge. Feels like every car in the world is chasing Batman. None of these other superhero films have me feeling like that.