Jump to content
Eric Riley

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | New trailer on page 55!

Recommended Posts

Not sure how people thought this first trailer is better. Totally down with this trailer making this movie look like loudest, most oppresive release of next year. Going all in with the spectacle (which looks so good too). The first one just felt obnoxiously self-serious and trying too hard to be a slow-burn thriller flick.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not sure how people thought this first trailer is better. Totally down with this trailer making this movie look like loudest, most oppresive release of next year. Going all in with the spectacle (which looks so good too). The first one just felt obnoxiously self-serious and trying too hard to be a slow-burn thriller flick.

My thoughts exactly. The first trailer just didn't have much that was fun or interesting about it, in fact I hardly even remember what happened in it. This one makes me want to see it opening weekend on a big screen and has several memorable action shots. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like both trailers a lot but did prefer the first a bit more because it flowed a little better and had more of a narrative to it.  The action was awesome in the second but it was less focused.  
 

They don’t really have to show much to sell me on the film though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is trailer oddly edited due to the prolonged changes of characters that come at odd times in the trailer. The Batman/Riddler exchange, Batman/Catwoman exchange, Batman/Alfred exchange, Batman/Penguin exchange 1, and then the 2nd one with the car. It isn't edited all that smoothly in the eyes of trailer experts, frankly. The footage itself is awesome, though. 

Edited by excel1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is trailer oddly edited due to the prolonged changes of characters that come at odd times in the trailer. The Batman/Riddler exchange, Batman/Catwoman exchange, Batman/Alfred exchange, Batman/Penguin exchange 1, and then the 2nd one with the car. It isn't edited all that smoothly in the eyes of trailer experts, frankly. The footage itself is awesome, though. 

WB is seriously starting to lose their edge when it comes to trailers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Is it true that they are running tv spots during some US games?. I can't find a reliable source.

 

ye sits true, the tv spot is on wb main youtube page 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Val357 said:

WB is seriously starting to lose their edge when it comes to trailers.

 

its been gone for a while, sadly. its all Disney now 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at people getting all “oh we’re judging *trailers* now are we?”

 

Yeah, welcome to the forum. This has been happening since it started. Hope you enjoy your stay.

 

 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

 

Remember when people thought Wally Pfister was the GOAT cinematographer for some reason and then he deleted himself with Transcendence?

For the better tbh. Hoytema is a better cinematographer. Kinda sad though since I feel like his work on TDKR was extraordinary (and closer to the what Hoytema brought to the next Nolan films than Pfister's previous films). I rewatched the police chase scene from TDKR and just something as simple as a chase scene like this just feels so damn huge. Feels like every car in the world is chasing Batman. None of these other superhero films have me feeling like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.