Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The trailer is still trending at #1 on YouTube. 

Likes might be a more interesting story.

2020 DC Fandome Trailer:  34.8m views | 993k up 23k down

2021 DC Fandome Trailer:  19.5m views | 846k up 17k down

@Let There Be Legion, any thoughts on this since you've got a better handle on YT likes than I do?

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Likes might be a more interesting story.

2020 DC Fandome Trailer:  34.8m views | 993k up 23k down

2021 DC Fandome Trailer:  19.5m views | 846k up 17k down

@Let There Be Legion, any thoughts on this since you've got a better handle on YT likes than I do?

One thing about this trailer is that it had a gap of more than a year from the teaser and is still 5 months out from the film's release. That is very unusual for second trailers and would skew the usual CBM patterns, probably explains some of the unusually good retention (I expect likes to settle not far from the teaser). 

• Like 2

Just now, TMP said:

When maybe the single dumbest voice in film criticism is against your movie, it's probably great news

I don’t know if I’d say he’s the dumbest voice, considering the overabundance of anti-SJW pop culture reactionaries on YouTube, as well as the fact that Ben Shapiro of all people is apparently trying his hand at film criticism, but Bob Chipman definitely has some baffling takes. He seems convinced that this movie will be seen as some kind of validation for the QAnon crowd. 

38 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know if I’d say he’s the dumbest voice, considering the overabundance of anti-SJW pop culture reactionaries on YouTube, as well as the fact that Ben Shapiro of all people is apparently trying his hand at film criticism, but Bob Chipman definitely has some baffling takes. He seems convinced that this movie will be seen as some kind of validation for the QAnon crowd. 

He is top 3 dumbest then...was he not cancelled last year?

The people who said watch the trailer on Vimeo instead weren't lying. Wow

Youtube is a mess for this, disgusting that people are seeing a poor quality video in comparison.

________

In my country is trending this upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWQrd6cwJ0A 1.6M

which it already surpassed the teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0z6NdizrA 890K

Edited by Lighthouse

14 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It does feel like his Bruce Wayne could be a lot more divisive than his Batman. Curious to see how he play it.

Does anyone *really* care about Bruce Wayne's character all that much??  I think it's been proven otherwise over the years, just like it doesn't really matter who's behind the mask...  People come for Batman and the villains...

11 hours ago, belblazer said:

I have a feeling that this will become an iconic theme like Wonder Woman's one.

Anyone notice Elfman's theme at :51 ??  And even a few bars of John Williams' Star Wars' Empire theme just a few seconds later??  😂   It's Warner Bros.' Multiverse Batman year, truly...

Edited by Macleod

Differentiation is so vital here. Nolan succeeded several times due to this philosophy - first by making Batman Begins the polar opposite of Schumacher Forever, second by following up the legit iconic Ledger-Joker with the polar opposite in Hardy-Bane. 

Nobody really saw/remembers/cares about Snyder/Batfleck. The Dark Knight films were a decade ago (😭) The thing they're differentiating from now is the extremely cookie cutter Marvel image. I do declare they may be successful and it will prove lucrative. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Boy, the Internet has forgotten about Armond White’s existence.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Does anyone *really* care about Bruce Wayne's character all that much??  I think it's been proven otherwise over the years, just like it doesn't really matter who's behind the mask...  People come for Batman and the villains...

Well, I care! :lol:

Obviously he's not the draw but a compelling Bruce is usually a good bellwether for the quality of these movies. And Pattinson's will certainly be pretty different given what we've seen so far.

• Like 2