Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Oh my god

This would make crazy numbers at Christmas

WB - take the date before Marvel does!!! Don't fuck this up! TAKE THE DATE - NOW!!!

Edited by excel1

This is my last message about it, but WB - hurry up! Mission Impossible, Spider-man etc all no doubt eyeing the date. Need to take it now. 

TENET - 10/2/2020

WW84 - 12/18/2020 ft. THE BATMAN teaser trailer 

DUNE - 5/21/2021

GODZILLA vs. KONG - 6/25/2020

THE SUICIDE SQUAD - 8/6/2021

ELVIS - 10/1/2021 ft. THE BATMAN theatrical trailer *also debuts on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL*

FANTASTIC BEASTS - 11/12/2021

THE BATMAN - 12/17/2021 

SUMMER

THE MATRIX REBOOTED

BLACK ADAM

MAN OF STEEL 2

WINTER

INCEPTION 2

AQUABRO 2

THE BATMAN vs. PHOENIX JOKER 

Edited by excel1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Oh my god

This would make crazy numbers at Christmas

WB - take the date before Marvel does!!! Don't fuck this up! TAKE THE DATE - NOW!!!

Too late, Sony moved Spider-Man to December already. 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

couldn't care less about Spidey

I would still put this on xmas

I’m sure both movies could coexist but I doubt either one would reach it’s full potential.

I’m guessing we’ll hear more about release dates at the Fandome event.

Technically if black Adam could finish filming in March they could keep the December date as well but I doubt they’ll wanna do that also.

Interesting times we’re in now lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Too late, Sony moved Spider-Man to December already. 

god damnit, WB. Fucking idiots. That said, WB should still put The Batman there. Spider-man will move. 

Still just crazy, though unsurprising, incompetence by wb here.

Edited by excel1

WB needs to just sell DC at this point. They get Batman right occasionally by luck with director picks. Everything else is a mess. 

Waited months hoping Christmas would open up only to fucking blow it? This is sad. 

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

WB needs to just sell DC at this point. They get Batman right occasionally by luck with director picks. Everything else is a mess. 

Waited months hoping Christmas would open up only to fucking blow it? This is sad. 

Your assumption is they wanted to move it to Christmas in the first place. You are conflating what you want with what they want.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Why are you so obsessed with making this a Christmas release?

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Your assumption is they wanted to move it to Christmas in the first place. You are conflating what you want with what they want.

They should want to position the film to maximum dollars. So much rides on the financial performance of these movies - poor release strategy is totally inexcusable. We saw how poorly chosen release dates dramatically affected the box office Batman Begins, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, and Justice League. We saw how drastically things quickly changed - for the worse - when Man of Steel "underperformed" in the awful release date it was given. To think we almost did not receive THE DARK KNIGHT because Batman Begins was a disappointment, obvious to the fact that sandwiching it between Mr. and Mrs. Smith and War of The World hurt it severely.

I won't make excuses for wanting these films to make maximum dollars and expecting the studios to show competent ability to position the film to do so. Disney has had no issue doing it with their Marvel films, it is simply inexcusable and unacceptable for WB to not do the same.

And to anyone who may say "BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT Joker just made $1 billion in that spot!"

And? The Batman is 2021's most talked about movie by a mile. Claiming the 12/17 release date basically cements it as the biggest hit of 2021 domestically and very likely globally too. Opening it on October 1 is a ridiculous limitation of its huge potential.

I've followed these long enough. I don't know why WB even bothers with this shit if they're not interested in making maximum dollars.