Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I won't really care about Twitter views as they count 2 seconds autoplay.

Youtube views however are better than Wonder Woman which had like 22mn views in first 24 hours, compared to like 26mn for this one. Joker I reckon was ahead.

Twitter likes are very good tho, seems in line with the views.

Also the title alone generate 1M of impressions today 

It is very big on the platform despite autoplay 

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I won't really care about Twitter views as they count 2 seconds autoplay.

Youtube views however are better than Wonder Woman which had like 22mn views in first 24 hours, compared to like 26mn for this one. Joker I reckon was ahead.

The magic number is 112 million views across all platforms. Does it have a chance ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_online_videos_in_the_first_24_hours#Top_trailers

I have no idea what’s more accurate or better gauge but the the Batman trailer already has more views in about 24 hours on Twitter then both Joker trailers have. It also has like 125k more likes then the first joker trailer. Joker was definitely bigger on YouTube though for sure. 

The Batman is a  ahead of Joker imo, The Batman teaser numbers on twitter are already bigger than both Joker trailers, and we can't forget that many people saw the teaser of The Batman live on the official DC Fandome website (that we don't really know how many views had,) and this may have reduced number of views a little on youtube, facebook and etc.

Also Batman had almost 1m mentions on twitter, and this is the biggest number I have ever seen for a solo superhero on twitter, the reactions on social media are very big.

Edited by Marcos12
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TLK said:

The magic number is 112 million views across all platforms. Does it have a chance ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_online_videos_in_the_first_24_hours#Top_trailers

Funny to see that Ragnarok had so many views but his BO is not so big at all, the trailer views are bigger than Force Awakens but TFA is 2.5x bigger at BO (Not to mention that other films that do not even appear in this top 20 trailer views in 24 hours, but have a bigger BO like Aquaman, Joker. Aladdin, Jurassic world), so trailer views can often not be a good indication of how "exactly" big a movie can be.

IT also has an exaggerated number of views that did not reflect at BO, but this can be understood because it is a horror/R rated/$35m budget movie (IT is the biggest movie of genre and far ahead of others horror films).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marcos12 said:

The Batman is a  ahead of Joker imo, The Batman teaser numbers on twitter are already bigger than both Joker trailers, and we can't forget that many people saw the teaser of The Batman live on the official DC Fandome website (that we don't really know how many views had,) and this may have reduced number of views a little on youtube, facebook and etc.

Also Batman had almost 1m mentions on twitter, and this is the biggest number I have ever seen for a solo superhero on twitter, the reactions on social media are very big.

Exactly, just ignore it is absurd 

It’s doing very good, the final general numbers will probably be the biggest ever for DC

Very good first impression, people are very satisfied and the hype is real 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

I have no idea what’s more accurate or better gauge but the the Batman trailer already has more views in about 24 hours on Twitter then both Joker trailers have. It also has like 125k more likes then the first joker trailer. Joker was definitely bigger on YouTube though for sure. 

Joker on youtube was pretty nuts. The 2nd trailer has more views than the first one. When's the last time that happened?

6 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Joker on youtube was pretty nuts. The 2nd trailer has more views than the first one. When's the last time that happened?

Suicide Squad's Bohemian Rhapsody trailer (91 million) is bigger than the first one with I Started a Joke (70 million). The same for BvS.

I think that the second trailer for The Batman will be bigger than this one. They did this with 25% of the film lol

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 2

This is so inaccurate and biased lmao https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_online_videos_in_the_first_24_hours#Top_trailers

Disney is the only one making press releases about its trailers views where they count everything, giphy and who knows what else. I remember the headlines "The Antman trailer broke 24 hrs views record!!! " lol

If the other studios did the same thing, the list would be different obviously

52 million of those came from China, where “The Ballad of Mulan” originates.

I knew something was off when I see Mulan there. Imagine the rest..

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

Nope. SM had more than 1M mention last year

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

You know people in here track such things right and views are in that range only.

This for instance is Spider-man: Far From Home tracking I did

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

If the other studios did the same thing, the list would be different obviously

other studios will reveal if they do numbers. iirc Joker has the most views for DC films in first 24 hours. Universal revealed Fast and Furious trailer views. Warner revealed IT views.

And it's not like trailers are only thing Disney dominate. Why don't you complain about no other studio film in Top Grossers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

FilmCritHulk has somehow managed to write an entire essay on the trailer. TL;DR "I feel like it's not so much grim-dark as 'night horror.'"

https://www.patreon.com/posts/40765819

Like with Hulk, the first thing I noticed was the lighting too, which was definitely a level above the bland and muddy look of most films shot on digital (less a problem with the format and more a problem with how the filmmakers use it). Also liked how there's some actual texture to the cinematography and it doesn't go for the ultra-sharp look that almost all digitally shot movies go for. 

• Like 2