Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

well now they've got three october DC movies in a row. it's their Marvel in May date now.

Except with half of the dollars. 🙃

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

I like the date because I want WB to make October a DC month. So I would push TSS to October and TB to December.

I don't know if Avatar is still on the same date but I wouldn't care.

Correct 100%.

Unleash Batinson over Xmas and it will top DA FORCE AWAKENS 

hmmm purple?

(...) "I think if this hadn’t happened it would have probably come out by now," Kravitz shared with the Happy Sad Confused podcast of her costume. "I love it….Yes, the tone of this film very much feels like its own thing. It’s funny, I didn’t really think about how difficult it is to make something as simple as a catsuit original. It’s like, how do you invent the jean jacket? It’s jean, it’s a jacket. What do you do? But Jacqueline Durran, who’s our amazing costume designer, is just a genius." (...)

(...) "It was cool to be a part of the process because sometimes with films this big, it can be very much, ‘Put this on, stand over there, say this,’ and [director] Matt [Reeves] is very much about process," the actress detailed. "The whole thing began with conversations between me and Matt and Jacqueline, and so we kind of birthed this thing together. There’s references to the year of the comic that we’re dealing with. It’s cool." (...)

(...) I’ve been reading the YEAR ONE comic.  It’s wonderful…it’s great, it’s great.  It’s like super-badass – It is! – it’s badass [laughs]! (...)

(...) On seeing Robert Pattinson in the suit as Batman…: Oh, it was amazing!  He’s ‘Batman…when he’s wearing that costume he’s BATMAN! It’s interesting…you really don’t get used to seeing Batman walk past you! We’ve all grown up with this character, so it’s like a pinch-me moment all the time. He’s wonderful, he’s really wonderful (...) .

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/streaming-june-2020-netflix-disney-plus-hulu-hbo-max/

https://batman-on-film.com/11409/the-badass-comic-book-zoe-kravitz-read-to-prep-for-the-batman/

Edited by belblazer

Robert Pattinson talks his workouts for The Batman

Robert Pattinson has opened up about his workout routine for his upcoming role in Matt Reeves’ The Batman in a new interview.

In a GQ interview from May, Pattinson got people a bit concerned about the status of the film as he said he was having trouble getting motivated to work out. It is, however, worth noting that Pattinson is notorious for saying things in interviews just to say them and see where the fallout lands.

In a new interview with Healthy For Men – via RPat360 on Twitter – Pattinson details his workout a bit more, and it sounds bit more on the realistic side.

Starting with cutting back on alcohol, he’s running “5-10km, three to four times per week” as well as “bicycle crunches, dumbbell side bends, double crunches, and more.” “Ultimately, I’m not afraid of failure,” Pattinson said. “It’s fair to say I’m a little bit more ambitious in the roles I’m choosing now. A few years ago, I would have run a mile from anything with a physical edge.”

To be fair, with Pattinson’s tendency to mess with interviewers, you could argue this is the one with him making jokes as opposed to the one in GQ. We’re betting on this one being a bit more accurate, however.

The Batman is currently scheduled to hit theaters on Oct. 1, 2021.

https://batman-news.com/2020/06/17/robert-pattinson-workouts-healthy-for-men/

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

God, I hope those rumors about the Joker showing up for the sequels isn’t true. We’ve had enough live action incarnations of the Joker to last a lifetime. 

But not Phoenix's Joker, right?

Don't get my hopes up that Joker might be Batman canon!

Edited by JB33

Zoë Kravitz on Robert Pattinson’s ‘Perfect’ Batman and Why She Wants ‘High Fidelity’ Season 2

zoe-2.jpg?w=600

Variety caught up with Kravitz from London, where she’s been living since production of “The Batman” — she’s playing Catwoman opposite Robert Pattinson as the Caped Crusader — was halted due to the pandemic.

What do you like about playing Rob?

When I watched this movie and read this book years ago, I always identified with the Rob character, but I romanticized him. And then, of course, looking back you’re like, this guy’s an asshole. He’s a misogynist asshole. Why would I think that was cool, and why did I think that was sexy, and why did I think that was interesting? To come back and play his character from a different point of view, it wasn’t like, “Oh, I’m playing this really cool, sad, f—ed up person who just can’t get it together. And we love that about her.” It was more, “I think I was this person at one point in my life. I’d like to think that I’m past that now. It’s these really uncomfortable growing pains when you have to figure out who you want to be.

So what was it like seeing yourself for the first time as Catwoman?

It’s cool, man. It’s cool. I can’t say it wasn’t cool, but I’ve been really trying to not think too much about just what that character means to everybody else. Just because it can be distracting in the wrong way, especially when you’re trying to become someone else. When the announcement came out that I had gotten this role, my phone rang more than it has ever. More than my birthday, more than my wedding, more than anything. So I felt that immediate pressure. The script is phenomenal. The story’s really strong. I feel very clear on who Selena is and what she wants, and I’m trying to stay more focused on that.

Have you spoken to Michelle Pfeiffer or Halle Berry?

I spoke to Michelle. We sat at the same table at the Golden Globes, and I’ve met her a bunch over the years because of David E. Kelley. She’d always been so nice. I had just gotten cast so I was really nervous to be around her, and she was so sweet. She just gave me a big hug and said, “You’re going to be great.” That was really just amazing. Both Halle and Anne [Hathaway] were really sweet on Instagram and Twitter. [They] sent really sweet, encouraging messages when that was announced. So I feel supported by my girls.

Why is Robert Pattinson perfect to play Batman?

Good question. First of all, he’s just a really good actor. He started out as this kind of teen pop sensation, and then I think we all kind of saw through his work that there was a lot more going on. He’s a really interesting artist, and that is very much Batman in a way. We have the illusion of Bruce Wayne, and then we have Batman in the shadows that has a lot more complicated things going on. So just in that, I think he’s perfect for this role. He can relate in that way, and he looks good in the suit, man. He looks good in the suit. That’s a good jaw line. But he’s just a great actor and he brings so much to everything he does. I think that it’s a really hard role because people are expecting a lot. Also it’s restricting in a lot of ways. You’re wearing the suit, and you can’t see their eyes, and you can only move in a certain way. So you have to get really creative in terms of how can you portray a multidimensional character? He’s way up for the challenge and has really interesting ideas already. I think he’s perfect, perfect casting.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/podcasts/zoe-kravitz-batman-robert-pattinson-1234689694/

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:07 PM, WittyUsername said:

God, I hope those rumors about the Joker showing up for the sequels isn’t true. We’ve had enough live action incarnations of the Joker to last a lifetime. 

Sorry, but if you have Batman the Joker will follow.

The public and fans expect it, and thoug Warners might hold off for a couple of films, they will eventually have to give the public what it wants.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Sorry, but if you have Batman the Joker will follow.

The public and fans expect it, and thoug Warners might hold off for a couple of films, they will eventually have to give the public what it wants.

I seriously doubt that the public would boycott these films if the Joker doesn’t show up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I seriously doubt that the public would boycott these films if the Joker doesn’t show up. 

You're right, but he's still probably going to show up at some point, and even now people are discussing their picks to play the character. 

I personally think it's too close to Phoenix's film to bring the Joker into this film, so I wouldn't mind waiting until the third film to see him brought in.

10 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

I personally think it's too close to Phoenix's film to bring the Joker into this film, so I wouldn't mind waiting until the third film to see him brought in.

Looking at the cast assembled so far, I'd assume a successful indie actor for Joker whenever he shows up. Sandler?