Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

There is not better date than October, but of course those special people are going to give the most priority to a fucking obviously future flop. Villeneuve has done nothing to warrant this besides flops. I hope this backfires big time and then I can laugh.

They could easily have moved Dune to April 21st (or December?). But let's be slow and let Bond and Disney take all those dates.

This is moving to 2022 now.

Edited by Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

There is not better date than October, but of course those special people are going to give the most priority to a fucking obviously future flop. Villeneuve has done nothing to warrant this besides flops. I hope this backfires big time and then I can laugh.

They could easily have moved Dune to April 21st. but let's be slow and let Bond and Disney take all those dates.

This is moving to 2022.

They should’ve just moved Dune to November, while moving FB3 to 2022. I have no idea why they would choose to prioritize a 2021 release for FB3 over this. 

And Batman is still filming, with a strong possibity of even more virus releated delays. You have to wonder if it will be ready by the original release date.

Dune is pretty much release ready now.

That is about the only logic I can see in giving Dune Batman's date.

I would rather see The Suicide Squad in October but agree that it's a perfect date for The Batman. Commercially speaking, December is perfect too.

February 19th - Antlers / Nobody

February 26th - The King's Man

March 5th - Ghostbusters: Afterlife

March 12th - Raya And The Last Dragon

March 19th - Morbius / Tomb Raider 2 / The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

March 26th - The Boss Baby 2

March 5 or February 26 are the best choices for Wonder Woman. June has Jurassic World in the mid and Venom in the end of the month.

WB will probably just replace the next DC films on their next dates. December 22, 2021, is the original Black Adam date (The Batman) and April 1, 2022, was the original Shazam 2 date (Black Adam).

Meh, who knows what’s happening with any movie release dates so this is what it is.

I’m sure they’ve spoken to Reeves about this as Batman is probably at the top of their list for money makers over the next few years.  Who knows what’s going on with production for this movie and who knows what they discussed. 

Not sure where they’ll move this, would be interesting to have this and Spider-Man at Xmas but not sure that will happen. I’m fine with whatever they do. 

• Like 1

Assuming Disney won't stick one of its Marvel tentpoles in December, The Batman is moving there. Even though Dune getting delayed to December would make more sense, something must be going on behind the screens since they decided to give it Bats date and move Bats to whatever they decide. 

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Assuming Disney won't stick one of its Marvel tentpoles in December, The Batman is moving there. Even though Dune getting delayed to December would make more sense, something must be going on behind the screens since they decided to give it Bats date and move Bats to whatever they decide. 

There’s already a Marvel tentpole that’s set to be released in December. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Yes, although to be fair, it hasn’t started filming yet, so who knows?

Cold of Disney to hold the lucrative date even if they won't make it. I mean, if the movie doesn't move with the production within some reasonable time than I suspect someone will throw a gauntlet and schedule their big finished movie there. But boxoffice wars are always fun so...Remember when Disney put Civil War in the same slot that BvS already booked and forced BvS to move? WB might return a favor. Or not. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Cold of Disney to hold the lucrative date even if they won't make it. I mean, if the movie doesn't move with the production within some reasonable time than I suspect someone will throw a gauntlet and schedule their big finished movie there. But boxoffice wars are always fun so...Remember when Disney put Civil War in the same slot that BvS already booked and forced BvS to move? WB might return a favor. Or not. 

Nah Marvel already had that May 2016 Date locked up and it was WB who decided to move BvS to that date thinking Marvel was going to budge. I imagine if Spidey cannot make it they'll either move Eternals to December or move Doctor Strange if Doctor Strange can get filming started by November as Cumberbatch says.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Nah Marvel already had that May 2016 Date locked up and it was WB who decided to move BvS to that date thinking Marvel was going to budge. I imagine if Spidey cannot make it they'll either move Eternals to December or move Doctor Strange if Doctor Strange can get filming started by November as Cumberbatch says.

I think the December date is technically a Sony date so I assume they’d probably want to move another one of their movies there if spidey doesn’t make it but who knows what’s going to happen tbh.