Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If this gets moved to 2022, I’m not even sure how many movie theaters will still be open by then. AMC and Regal are on pretty shaky grounds right now, to put it mildly. 

That’s the same issue for every movie tbh. Tons of movies haven’t even started filming yet and with covid Who knows what’s gonna happen with things going into production. 

27 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think the December date is technically a Sony date so I assume they’d probably want to move another one of their movies there if spidey doesn’t make it but who knows what’s going to happen tbh. 

The simplest spider-man delay scenario is if an early 2022 MCU movie is able to hit the date and they just do a 1-to-1 trade.    

But if not, then yeah, a Sony release being vacated could end up with another Sony, or a Dis, or a WB, or whoever moving into that spot.

Edited by WandaLegion

If it moves to 2022, probably to the first quarter of the year, Black Adam moves to June and Flash moves to November or October. And Shazam 2 will be pushed back to 2023 and I hardly doubt it. 2023 would be: Shazam 2, Aquaman 2 and a new film.

This moves to Xmas.

13 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

The simplest spider-man delay scenario is if an early 2022 MCU movie is able to hit the date and they just do a 1-to-1 trade.    

But if not, then yeah, a Sony release being vacated could end up with another Sony, or a Dis, or a WB, or whoever moving into that spot.

Ya, I guess I just mean if spideys production doesn’t go as smoothly as it should and they don’t feel it can hit the date I’m sure Sony would want to try and get another one of their movies in that slot cause it’s a prime spot, but since they team with Disney(On certain movies) I’m sure they could work something out if marvel wanted an mcu movie there.  

The whole schedule is so messed up as it is cause of Covid. I don’t think we’ll truly know what will release till when till a few months into 2021 and that’s only if we have some sort of vaccine. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

They should’ve just moved Dune to November, while moving FB3 to 2022. I have no idea why they would choose to prioritize a 2021 release for FB3 over this. 

FB3 aint coming out in 2021. If The Batman isn't coming out in 2021, a movie with likely a lot less set building and green screens/CGI required, then a Fantastic Beasts movie sure isn't coming out before it, mark my words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

If this gets moved to 2022, I’m not even sure how many movie theaters will still be open by then. AMC and Regal are on pretty shaky grounds right now, to put it mildly. 

Why is everyone forgetting that before this film to release, there is entire originalApril-Decemeber 2020 slate pending to release. After that there is Jan-July Mid 2021 is pending. 

This will release after all of the former & most of the latter and quite possibly we will have "normalcy" in April 2021 at earliest. So July 2022 is most likely.

That means there are 15 months of movies to face that situation for theaters before Batman will.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Why is everyone forgetting that before this film to release, there is entire originalApril-Decemeber 2020 slate pending to release. After that there is Jan-July Mid 2021 is pending. 

This will release after all of the former & most of the latter and quite possibly we will have "normalcy" in April 2021 at earliest. So July 2022 is most likely.

That means there are 15 months of movies to face that situation for theaters before Batman will.

At this rate, it’s going to be at least many more months before movies start getting put out in theaters regularly. All I’m saying is that I don’t know how much more of this that movie theaters can take. Will putting movies out in theaters even be worth it by 2022? 

Edit: And now the 2022 release is official. Well, I guess there’s still the Snyder Cut...

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

“The Batman” — starring Robert Pattinson as the Caped Crusader — had been scheduled for Oct. 1, 2021. It’s now set to open March 4, 2022. As reported earlier on Monday, Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi epic “Dune” will premiere on Oct. 1, 2021 instead of Dec. 18.

Other significant shifts include the Lana Wachowski-directed “Matrix 4” bowing several months earlier than expected. It had been set to open on April 1, 2022 and will now debut on Dec. 22, 2021.

The studio also plans to release two yet-to-be-announced films on June 3, 2022 and Aug. 5, 2022. In turn, “The Flash” vacated its June 3, 2022 slot and moved to Nov. 4, 2022. Meanwhile “Shazam 2” will open on June 2, 2023 instead of its original Nov. 4, 2022 date.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/the-batman-delays-release-1234793625/?

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

AMC was on shakey grounds before the virus hit. I think AMC is toast.

Regal being in trouble is much more disturbing; AMC was probably doomed anyway..the virus just speeded up the provess..but Regal was in decent shape before the virus hit.

Toldja..?

And the June or August 2022: Could it be...a Joker sequel?  This low-carb, no-effects entry could be filmed as late as Fall 21 or even early Winter 22 and still make it out for the summer...if things are COVID-free. 

The biggest expense on that one will surely be Phoenix's salary. 

Edited by Macleod