Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Wrong again!  DRAT!  ZOOM!  BANG!  My instincts are clearly off for this production.  But still then... I'm thinking Mr. Wayne must be cozy with Selina already...that's the only reason he would get anywhere near those dastardly criminals (re-read what I just wrote in Adam West's voice)!

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Wrong again!  DRAT!  ZOOM!  BANG!  My instincts are clearly off for this production.  But still then... I'm thinking Mr. Wayne must be cozy with Selina already...that's the only reason he would get anywhere near those dastardly criminals (re-read what I just wrote in Adam West's voice)!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Selina isn’t really his love interest in this continuity. 

11 hours ago, cax16 said:

Colin Farrell’s Makeup is crazy lol 

It really is amazing. Like, obvious make-up is always impressive in a visually striking way (i.e. DeVito's Penguin, or Joker, etc), but stuff like this, where it's so transformative while still looking organic is truly impressive.

• Like 2

Kravitz is on fire. She looks fucking beautiful and mysterious.

RPattz looks like an exhausted emo ready to strike and slash at the world with his bangs.

Farrell's Penguin is unbelievable. My only qualm is why hide his real face? 

Yup, Farrell's makeup is next level. It's not just that he's unrecognizable, it's that he looks normal. It's not cartoonish, which would have been easy.

Also, I had no idea John Turturro was in this and for some reason finding out made me laugh.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Yup, Farrell's makeup is next level. It's not just that he's unrecognizable, it's that he looks normal. It's not cartoonish, which would have been easy.

Also, I had no idea John Turturro was in this and for some reason finding out made me laugh.

Agreed. it's not over the top like De Vito's was ;it's beleivable

Farell has carved out a niche for himself in great supporting roles. He is a much better actor in them then he was as a leading man. I thin not having to carry a movie sort of freed him.

he also is choosing his roles carefully which he did not do in his leading man phase. He was simply not good casting for "Alexander".

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Farell has carved out a niche for himself in great supporting roles. He is a much better actor in them then he was as a leading man. I thin not having to carry a movie sort of freed him.

he also is choosing his roles carefully which he did not do in his leading man phase. He was simply not good casting for "Alexander".

It seems that Farell just likes to always be working no matter what, which I respect. He's been in a ton of movies in the past few years that range from bad or okay to good like Artemis Fowl, the recent live action Dumbo, Fantastic Beasts 1, The Gentlemen, Widows, etc. He's seems only keen on playing supporting roles for the near future and to never do sequels or be locked into a franchise anytime soon.

I think Farell has the looks and talent for a leading man career. But it hasn't happened for him unfortunately. Not many british/european actors succeed in attaining A list status in the US. Christian Bale is probably the most successful, but he's an enormous talent.  I'm curios about how Pattinson will fare 

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

Colin make up is totally winning Make up Oscar. It's unbelievable. 

This looks great but hard to keep hype for so long. Oh well, they'll revive it when the time comes. 

Zoe's on fire! Stunning, very feline! It's great to see the reunion (Colin+Zoe) of the best actors from Fantastic Beasts. Nice of WB to put them in this. 

@Maggie Colin may not have lived up to his leading man potential but he's still working on relevant projects while many others disappeared. It's a tough industry so working at all is a win let alone on something that matters in significant roles. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

On 10/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, Maggie said:

I think Farell has the looks and talent for a leading man career. But it hasn't happened for him unfortunately. Not many british/european actors succeed in attaining A list status in the US. Christian Bale is probably the most successful, but he's an enormous talent.  I'm curios about how Pattinson will fare 

I don't think he has quite charism you need to an A list leading man. It was his lack of charisma in Alexander that made him bad casting. Alexander The Great is the textbook example of a Charistmatic leader;if you can't bring Charisma to the role you might as well stay home.

Fact is Farrell had more then enough chances to  become a A list star;he had plenty of leading roles in big movies. it just did not happen.

And, frankly, he has been a much better actor  since he prerry made gave up on trying to be a A list star.

36 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't think he has quite charism you need to an A list leading man. It was his lack of charisma in Alexander that made him bad casting. Alexander The Great is the textbook example of a Charistmatic leader;if you can't bring Charisma to the role you might as well stay home.

Fact is Farrell had more then enough chances to  become a A list star;he had plenty of leading roles in big movies. it just did not happen.

And, frankly, he has been a much better actor  since he prerry made gave up on trying to be a A list star.

Stop bombin' on one of my favorite movies, man...  😂   

ALEXANDER RULEZZZZ!  ALL FOUR CUTS OF IT!!

Edited by Macleod