Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Drones ruin everything.  😂

The sets look cool, though.  The mountain and the circle with the statues are particularly interesting... 🤔  

Hard to believe that the trailer we saw was only around 30% of shooting -- I would have gone to see that alone.  There's surely some even greater juicy stuff within this film...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Warner Bros. will definitely aim to use this film as one of its "saviors" for a return to theaters.  Once again, we will need The Batman to save us...because he's the hero we need, but don't deserve...(because Batman always kept his mask on).

• Like 1

It's a good thing this is still being made right now and was moved out of 2021, saving itself from becoming part of WB's streaming purge today. Assuming the environment will allow movies to really prosper again by March 2022 I could see this exploding to huge numbers.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maggie said:

There's a big chance this goes straight to streaming. I don't see why WB would change their release strategy for 2022.

What's the rumored budget for this?

I’m pretty sure there are no rumors about the budget right now. The movie isn’t even done filming. The shutdown probably inflated the budget. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m pretty sure there are no rumors about the budget right now. The movie isn’t even done filming. The shutdown probably inflated the budget. 

And the current shutdown in the UK will impact production even more.

You have to think that some of the actors  are getting the equvilent of "overtime" because the filming has taken so long.

That is standard in mny contracts;if filming goes over a certain date, actors get extra money since that might impact other obligations they have.

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

There's a big chance this goes straight to streaming. I don't see why WB would change their release strategy for 2022.

What's the rumored budget for this?

That is asusming Warner's stick to it's strategy post Covid, A very big if.

Michael Keaton is the “New” DCEU Batman on Film

In a recent interview with THE NEW YORK TIMES, DC Film president Walter Hamada told the piece’s author, Brooks Barnes, that going forward, there will be two live-action Batman film series on the big screen at the same time.  Here’s a blurb from the interview…

"Coming up, for instance, Warner Bros. will have two different film sagas involving Batman — played by two different actors — running at the same time."

If you’ve paid attention to BOF via the website, vlogs, etc., (and other sane outlets/people online as well) — since Michael Keaton signed on to be in THE FLASH, the plan was for him to become the “DCEU” Batman/Bruce Wayne.  Ben Affleck is also showing up in THE FLASH as his version of Batman (or at least Bruce Wayne), but I’ve long been told (as have others) that it’s simply a “glorified cameo” and finally, his “cool way to segue out of the role.”

"BOF knew about this for a while now, but I kept it on the down and low out of respect for the studio, filmmaker, and Keaton, of course.  I can say that I was told by several sources who are privy to the project that Keaton’s older Bruce Wayne will essentially become the revamped DCEU’s version of the character. This could lead to a spinoff where he takes on a young protege to succeed him as Gotham’s protector…Batgirl, perhaps? Or Nightwing? Or BOTH?"

EgC_iI_XsAEmqUx-696x397.jpg

Media personality Néstor Bentancor flat-out asked (via Twitter) the aforementioned Mr. Brooks who would be the other Batman on film in addition to THE BATMAN series’ Robert Pattinson who confirmed that it was, indeed. Michael Keaton.  Here you go…

So that, is THAT. Probably… What I’ve been told, Keaton will play an older (obviously) version of Batman/Bruce Wayne who will mentor a protege/successor in films that are a riff on BATMAN BEYOND, as well as possibly appear in other DCEU films. As THE FLASH is fixin’ to get going soon in terms of production/filming, expect more info on Keaton’s return to Batman on film shortly. – Bill “Jett” Ramey

Michael Keaton is the "New" DCEU Batman on Film | BATMAN ON FILM (batman-on-film.com)

I don't know if it's the correct thread, but I think there is no problem.

Edited by belblazer

4 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Michael Keaton is the “New” DCEU Batman on Film

Michael Keaton is the "New" DCEU Batman on Film | BATMAN ON FILM (batman-on-film.com)

I don't know if it's the correct thread, but I think there is no problem.

I mean, that’s what I figured they’d do, since they already alluded to it back in June, and Ben Affleck probably wouldn’t be willing to commit anymore to this franchise beyond one more movie, but I’d rather they just focus on Pattinson’s Batman.