Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I was debating the box office potential for this movie with my friend and I want a to discuss it here. After the success of the first trailer, I believe it could be a runaway success. I know it’s a reboot but I don’t think that matters.

Obviously it all depends on whether the movie is good or bad (I doubt it as I consider Matt Reeves a great director).

The movie seems to be quite similar to the vibe of Joker. Joker was a runaway success making over a billion even though it was R Rated and no China (even though it has a 8.7 Douban score with over 800,000 user reviews).

This film definitely has a high ceiling which means I can see it go over 1.5 million easily. Also Pattinson was one of the biggest stars in the world with Twilight. His return to a big mainstream blockbuster as a younger Batman is a winning combo I feel.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exomassey said:

I was debating the box office potential for this movie with my friend and I want a to discuss it here. After the success of the first trailer, I believe it could be a runaway success. I know it’s a reboot but I don’t think that matters.

Obviously it all depends on whether the movie is good or bad (I doubt it as I consider Matt Reeves a great director).

The movie seems to be quite similar to the vibe of Joker. Joker was a runaway success making over a billion even though it was R Rated and no China (even though it has a 8.7 Douban score with over 800,000 user reviews).

This film definitely has a high ceiling which means I can see it go over 1.5 million easily. Also Pattinson was one of the biggest stars in the world with Twilight. His return to a big mainstream blockbuster as a younger Batman is a winning combo I feel.

What do you guys think?

It's certainly possible. 

1. First live-action solo Batman movie in 10 years.

2. Early spring is usually a good weekend for movies.

3. Very little competition until Doctor Strange 2.

5 minutes ago, JWR said:

It's certainly possible. 

1. First live-action solo Batman movie in 10 years.

2. Early spring is usually a good weekend for movies.

3. Very little competition until Doctor Strange 2.

Honestly I think this movie will break out big, my final total prediction is between 1400-1700.

Also it is the first big movie release of 2022 to me, which makes it even better. Over 200 million opening weekend domestic? I’m positive it will happen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Honestly I think this movie will break out big, my final total prediction is between 1400-1700.

Also it is the first big movie release of 2022 to me, which makes it even better. Over 200 million opening weekend domestic? I’m positive it will happen.

Well, there's a Pixar movie 2 weeks later, but I agree that this will likely be huge. I'm going with a "cautious" prediction of $115M OW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exomassey said:

1400-1700? Do you mean $1.4-1.7 billion?

• Like 2

He called “The Batman” a “strange experience,” since the pandemic arrived in the middle of filming. “The script was extraordinary and visually from what I saw, the world is rich and dark. I have no idea what the film is going to be. But I loved being part of it.”

New York Post

Colin Farrell on going to the Arctic for a rare TV role (nypost.com)

On 7/11/2021 at 1:02 PM, exomassey said:

200m opening weekend?! We haven't even had a 100m weekend yet since Covid.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion incoming: I don't think this will do as amazing as some others on here think. It'll likely do good and I hope it does but a billion dollars seems a little far fetched right now, and that's with the assumption that there will have been a substantial enough improvement to create an environment where it could reach a billion.

I just hope this doesn't become over-hyped and then people get disappointed when it turns out to be just really good and not absolutely "top 10 movies of 2022" amazing, if that makes sense.

46 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Unpopular opinion incoming: I don't think this will do as amazing as some others on here think. It'll likely do good and I hope it does but a billion dollars seems a little far fetched right now, and that's with the assumption that there will have been a substantial enough improvement to create an environment where it could reach a billion.

I just hope this doesn't become over-hyped and then people get disappointed when it turns out to be just really good and not absolutely "top 10 movies of 2022" amazing, if that makes sense.

Don’t worry only a select few over hype the movie. Most of us just want a good movie that does well at the box office, personally I’m happy with like 600-700m  but I’m sure WB would like more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

That or Fandome, I think.

Theatrical trailer should airing with big movies in December. Teaser will need to be well before October. August makes much more sense.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

All I care about is Catwoman and seeing her costume. If they have her in that balaclava the whole film I’m going to scream. 

I thought the buzz was that she would not be in costume yet in this one... but I wonder if they'll be able to resist...

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

I thought the buzz was that she would not be in costume yet in this one... but I wonder if they'll be able to resist...

Aw man! That’s annoying.

I’m sure I read an interview with Zoe where she said she’d tried the costume on. Here’s hoping 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:36 AM, Macleod said:

Reeves said Selina Kyle will be introduced before she's in costume but nothing about her not donning the costume later on in the film.