Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Lots of rumors about this movie proved to be false..like it being based on "The  Court Of Owls'".

From what I could gather; it does take quite a bit from "The Long Hollyween" with the

Spoiler

Serial Killer being changed to The Riddler, who has a small role in the graphic novel but is not main villian. Two main VIllians ill be the Riddler and Carmine Falcone.

Edited by dudalb

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve never heard any rumor about this being based on the Court of Owls, unless that’s something WGTC claimed (they have posted about this movie a lot), but the Court of Owls seem like they’d be a good fit for this universe. 

They'd be a good villain for a sequel.

22 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve never heard any rumor about this being based on the Court of Owls, unless that’s something WGTC claimed (they have posted about this movie a lot), but the Court of Owls seem like they’d be a good fit for this universe. 

That was a pretty previlant rumor in the early days of talk about this film.

Not a big fan of the Court of Owls; it's OK but in the end the Court is just a recylcing of  Ras Al Ghul and the league of Assisians.

ANyway.....

Spoiler

From what has leaked out, Colin Farell as Otis Cobblepot /The Penguin is set up as the next Big bad.

Edited by dudalb

On 8/8/2021 at 5:10 AM, Macleod said:

There will also begin to be more questions asked not only about "Why can't Warner Bros. get it right with these DC properties?" but also "Why can't Hollywood make good blockbusters anymore?"  The answers are as much about studio's and creatives' perspectives as they are about audience wants and needs and expectations -- but audiences are conditioned by the bubblegum they're fed.  If SHANG CHI and one or two other MARVELs also under-perform, questions will begin to be asked about this whole model.  My gut feeling is that the genre cycle in the evolution of the multiverse concept may reach a natural implosion sometime next year, where COVID effects, audience ambivalence, narrative recycling of past histories, and simply multiple successive studio/creative misfires will cause an industry-wide re-think on superheroes.  

It's ancedotal but I hear this all the time. Comic book movies are fun but there's a serious lack of original blockbusters these days which puts many off movies as a whole. We used to get a raunchy comedy breakout ever year but even they have died off lately and the closest thing we get is Deadpool, a superhero movie. We had Ted, The Hangover, were the millers, Bad Neighbours, wedding Crashers and the jump streets yet this past 5 years has been dire for the genre. Even Todd Phillips moved from comedy to CBM's. It's becoming a bit depressing 

Every year I used to wonder what would be the hit comedy to see but lately it's as if studios have lost their sense of humour.

Edited by Chicago

39 minutes ago, Chicago said:

It's ancedotal but I hear this all the time. Comic book movies are fun but there's a serious lack of original blockbusters these days which puts many off movies as a whole. We used to get a raunchy comedy breakout ever year but even they have died off lately and the closest thing we get is Deadpool, a superhero movie. We had Ted, The Hangover, were the millers, Bad Neighbours, wedding Crashers and the jump streets yet this past 5 years has been dire for the genre. Even Todd Phillips moved from comedy to CBM's. It's becoming a bit depressing 

Every year I used to wonder what would be the hit comedy to see but lately it's as if studios have lost their sense of humour.

The rot's been setting in a long time. You have to go back 21 years to get a domestic top 10 of the year that has a majority of original and/or non-sequel movies.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The rot's been setting in a long time. You have to go back 21 years to get a domestic top 10 of the year that has a majority of original and/or non-sequel movies.

I don't mind the lack of a majority, just 1 or 2 would be nice 

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Well, Free Guy is an original IP that’s been doing better than expected. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Noctis said:

If Zoe's performance is as good as she was playing Leta Lestrange, she's going to steal the show.

Who?  If I have to Google the character name, that means it hasn't made the impact it should.